Android 13 update

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Whaddaya think of it? LOL you've had plenty of time.

One thing I'm liking is that new app installs will ask you for notification permissions. Seems like apps that were installed prior to A13 get grandfathered in but any new downloads it will ask you for permission to send notifications

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I started to do this, then saw an article headline that you can't go back to 12 after installing it. Doesn't really seem like it's risky, but it is the first release version..

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I started to do this, then saw an article headline that you can't go back to 12 after installing it. Doesn't really seem like it's risky, but it is the first release version..
My Pixel 6 Pro has been on the A13 beta since the Developer versions months ago so I know I'm not going back to ye olde 12, A13 has been a big improvement over 12.
BTW: You can go back but I believe you will have your phone wiped in the process. Not 100% sure as I never wanted to go back.

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
My Pixel 6 Pro has been on the A13 beta since the Developer versions months ago so I know I'm not going back to ye olde 12, A13 has been a big improvement over 12.
BTW: You can go back but I believe you will have your phone wiped in the process. Not 100% sure as I never wanted to go back.
LOL @ ye olde 12. The article I read says increments the version bit of the bootloader (or something to that effect). I would've thought a full factory image flash would work, but it didn't sound like it to me.

The update should be finished by now on mine.. (nope, only 2/3 on the progress bar.. slowwwww!)

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
LOL @ ye olde 12. The article I read says increments the version bit of the bootloader (or something to that effect). I would've thought a full factory image flash would work, but it didn't sound like it to me.

The update should be finished by now on mine.. (nope, only 2/3 on the progress bar.. slowwwww!)
It's not slow, it's on Google time.

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
I was determined to stick with the perfectly performing Android 12 on my Pixel 5 for as long as I could. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I was tired the other night, headed to bed, and decided to check for a security update. Saw the update but my eyes weren't focusing fully so I didn't read the info. I just tapped "install." Once it was installing I thought, "oh, what the heck." Decided to try it and worry about the results in the morning. Turns out it's running just fine for me. Nothing earth-shattering going from 12 to 13. Perhaps my bluetooth connection is a little better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeneralCaveman216