Android 14 Release Day

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No, it wasn't an OS update, it was a security update. It seems to be individually installing every update that came out since I last updated it.
That makes sense since it can be only updated from the last build to the next one in order to go forward automatically with updates.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
That makes sense since it can be only updated from the last build to the next one in order to go forward automatically with updates.
As I said above, I thought a benefit of the Pixel was that it didn't do that. I wouldn't mind if it didn't take an hour to install the tiniest of security patches.If I had been tempted by the 8, spending the morning and now afternoon on my 6 would have cured it lol.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
As I said above, I thought a benefit of the Pixel was that it didn't do that. I wouldn't mind if it didn't take an hour to install the tiniest of security patches.If I had been tempted by the 8, spending the morning and now afternoon on my 6 would have cured it lol.
Even pixels fall to this , every phone I had has done this , I jumped to the 8 pro trading my 7 pro they gave 420 off for it and I have some store credit in total 545.00 with free pixel buds I didn't get the watch as I don't use them but the buds I'm always losing lol

Reactions: J Dubbs

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Even pixels fall to this , every phone I had has done this , I jumped to the 8 pro trading my 7 pro they gave 420 off for it and I have some store credit in total 545.00 with free pixel buds I didn't get the watch as I don't use them but the buds I'm always losing lol
Some of the new software features that they probably won't bring to the 6 which is another good reason for me to not support them are interesting, but I know I would end up just leaving it in a drawer because I fundamentally dislike the pixel, partly because of my bad experience when I first got the 6 and partly because it's so basic.

So I spent the money on a new Espresso machine instead, which I will get far more enjoyment from lol.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Some of the new software features that they probably won't bring to the 6 which is another good reason for me to not support them are interesting, but I know I would end up just leaving it in a drawer because I fundamentally dislike the pixel, partly because of my bad experience when I first got the 6 and partly because it's so basic.

So I spent the money on a new Espresso machine instead, which I will get far more enjoyment from lol.
Can't argue for Expresso machine:) as a big coffee drinker myself, I've always loved the pixel/nexus line along with Samsung just hope they figure out the heating issue on the pixel.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Says I am updated to 14, though I was in the beta group. I opted out last month because I didn't want to test the quarterly updates. However, I still get the beta message when I restart the phone. How do I get rid of it?

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
My FPS has gotten really bad since I got A14. Always misreads on first attempt (but usually gets it on the second). Anyone else? I even updated my thumbprint but that doesn't seem to help.

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
I like the new official weather app...no more tapping another tab to see a 10 day forecast. And they kept froggy. 😊

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire