Question Android 14 Update Issue

Timbo72

Dec 12, 2023
Visit site
Hi Everyone -
My Moto Edge+ 2023 (unlocked) gave me Android 14 Update last night.

Now, when I say 'Hey Google', the chime/ding doesn't sound, but a panel opens at bottom of screen....have tried a couple of things in Settings>Accessibility to no avail.
Any suggestions, please?

Thanks-
Tim

Screenshot_20240209-211129~2.png

Timbo72

Dec 12, 2023
Visit site
Try enabling Voice Access. It restored the Assistant chime on my Motorola Razr+.
No, sorry....that's not the solution for me.
'Hey Google' worked fine in 13 until this 14 update. Had to go to Play store and download Voice Access, then it showed up in Accessibility under Interaction controls. It still did not fix no 'Hey Google' issue.

Same ol', same ol'....Google was, is, and will remain a pos outfit. Just is what it is.

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
See 'Search Settings' result below:
Voice Access must be enabled in both places. If you don't have it on your phone, then I'm mystified. Hard to believe that two 2023 phones from the same manufacturer wouldn't have the same apps.

Attachments

• 1707599527920.png
    1707599527920.png
    40 KB · Views: 3

Timbo72

Dec 12, 2023
Visit site
See 'Search Settings' result below:
Voice Access must be enabled in both places. If you don't have it on your phone, then I'm mystified. Hard to believe that two 2023 phones from the same manufacturer wouldn't have the same apps.
Thanks for reply, Lucky....this Voice Access app is a pia. Never needed before for Assistant.... All was well with Android 13 until Android 14 was offered last night.
After just going to app store and installing Voice Access it now shows in Accessibility, however, when engaged it changes many things on phone, even home screen appearance. I've now turned it off. There's something very wrong with Google's methodology regarding system updates and integration within the app environment.

I don't want to climb into a pulpit and appear to be a 'know it all', however, it's clear things are falling apart since Google's insistence on continued toying with AI. The genie's out of the bottle and will not be able to be contained, nor controlled. I'll rest on my credentials regarding the matter.

Everything within the Android environment platform is irratic and glitching, Gboard types what it wants, etc. At times it seems this phone has a mind of its own. Yes, it's clean- no outside interference from malware, keylogging, spyware, etc.

In finality, Google Support Community is absolutely useless. These people with Gold and Diamond ratings representing Google are some of the most incompitent, illogical, and imbecilic individuals we've ever encountered.
And that is why I come to the forums.

I do, however, thank you for your input.

Timbo72

Dec 12, 2023
Visit site
On further thought, maybe it's not such a bad idea NOT to have chime/ding when saying 'Hey Google'....we've noticed, as a bottom of screen graphic (visual, not audio), the mic stays hot indefinitely and remains hot after Google's response (Continued Conversation) as it never did before.

So, personally, I see no benefit to Voice Access and it may have been removed when updating to 14 last night.....remember, the Google Assistant chime/ding worked fine prior to Update, and we had no knowledge of any Voice Access integration with Assistant.
Assistant still tells me about the days weather at morning alarm dismissal.
So, maybe all's well, Assistant's more efficient, and adaptation by user (me) is required.
Time will tell, 'sposin'.

Again, thanks for the input, all.