Android 4.1.2 OTA Update Now Rolling Out to Nexus 7 - Adds Landscape Mode

Ezye1313

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
right. which doesn't exist.

which IS part of a closed garden. I've read that JB iOS devices leaves them laggy, so that may not be a great option.

besides, Apple has ENOUGH MONEY NOW. Spread your bucks around to some other company, PLEASE.

I was planning on keeping my N7 even if I do get the iPad mini which does exist just like the leaked iPhone 5. And no JB iOS devices do not leave them laggy at all. My brother's doesn't at least.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I was planning on keeping my N7 even if I do get the iPad mini which does exist just like the leaked iPhone 5. And no JB iOS devices do not leave them laggy at all. My brother's doesn't at least.

Same here. Not the case for me, my iPod touch lags like it's carrying a load... and that's when it's in safe mode too :p

rednocturne307

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Well color me disappointed, page turn sensitivity on the home screen has gotten worse for me. The page doesn't seem to want to turn sometimes, instead "bouncing back" to the page I was already on. Happens about 30% of the time now. Seriously annoying, they should have left it alone.

Ezye1313

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Clearing the data in Google services framework does indeed work. You just have to do it a few times. Just worked for me.

ShadowAsylum

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I did the airplane mode thing a few times and it finally worked. The time it worked I put it in airplane mode, cleared the Cache of the Google Framework thing, and then turned off airplane mode and tried again. After that, it worked.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Good luck with the screen lift! Hope it works out for you, I've been lucky to not experience that as of yet and I've had mine for a while now. Guess I don't us it as much though as I'm test driving a fruit product!

while testing the fruit device make sure the paint doesnt go off quickly because i found some who did. More Defects Found on iPhone 5 As The Paint On Black Case Can Easily Removed - GSM Insider - Gadgets news from the insider

i guess at least the screen lift can be fixed easily. my point being no freaking device can come without defects.

Ezye1313

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody else's Nexus 7 screen feel like it has a little looseness to it when you hold it in landscape mode?

ShortFuse321

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm still waiting here patiently for the update. I'm going to give it 1 more day. What happens to the Nexus when you clear the framework? Any negative effects?

DOCTOREVIL8

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Got home last night and tried an update. No joy. So I cleared the Google Services Framework. No joy. Did this 3 more times. No joy. So I cleared it one more time and shutdown. Restarted the device and the update was there.

Ontario, Canada.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
It certainly did do something in my case. There was less than one minute between "Your system is current," clearing the cache, and 4.1.2 ready for download and install. The odds of me just happening to clear the cache just when Google makes 4.1.2 ready are pretty slim.
+1.

Ezye1313

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm still waiting here patiently for the update. I'm going to give it 1 more day. What happens to the Nexus when you clear the framework? Any negative effects?

No It does not have any negative effects. Just do like I said by clearing the data in the Google frameworks app and then check for update. I done it 3 or 4 times and the OTA showed up. Do not restart it in between each time, its not necessary .

bas.androiddev

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I tried the framework clearing trick, it didnt allow me to download the OTA. What it did do though was remove my Nexus 7 from the Google Play store as one of my devices for a few hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha