Android 4.4 kit kat on nexus 4

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Agreed, although I guess this point is up for debate by some given the 18 months and TI processor things.

18 months isn't an excuse. the iPhone 4 is 36 months old. Before anyone says the 4 doesn't get all the new features, you would be damn right. The thing is the iPhone 4 still gets all the new API's.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
18 months isn't an excuse. the iPhone 4 is 36 months old. Before anyone says the 4 doesn't get all the new features, you would be damn right. The thing is the iPhone 4 still gets all the new API's.

While I agree that the GNex not getting 4.4 is a raw deal for those who own it, the GNex's 18 month update life fits in perfectly with Google's prior attempts to get manufacturers to support their Android phones for at least that long. Besides, I don't recall Google ever promising a particular length of support for any Nexus phone. We all just assumed the GNex would get updated because the others had been supported for two years.

blackomen

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I think Google is done with trying to get updates passed through Verizon. I don't remember if it was Android central or Android police that said that ti was easier to program for than just about anything else. So I think they didn't want to split the gnex by releasing for the gsm model only. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Any one noticed that in the last 24 hours or so a lot of their google apps are updating in bundles? COuld this be the calm before the N4 OTA?

dsneedmd

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to wait for KKK:). Seriously, not that anxious, just want it to work when it comes. But then I remember updating Windows & having many incompatibilities & problems.
Do we know when KK will be available?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app