Android Auto Will Not Connect to Car

dj_paige

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
I bought a new Samsung Galaxy S22 (Android 12) in March 2022, and up until a few days ago (third week of August 2022), Android Auto started right up when I connected the phone to the car via USB. It worked perfectly. And then a few days ago, I could not get Android Auto to connect to my car.

Since then I have tried what seems like dozens of things to try to get it to work. For example, I tried everything here, here and here. No success. I have tried three different USB cables, one of them brand new (never been used before) from Anker (each of these three other cables does charge the phone however). I have factory reset the car's infotainment system. I have disconnected the phone from my car's USB port, and then reconnected it. I removed the phone from the car's Android Auto list of phones, and then reconnected it. Android Auto on my phone seems to want to start, and things on the screen notification bar at the top indicate that Android Auto wants to start, but it never shows up on the car screen and the phone indicates I need to connect it via USB cable to the car (it is already connected). One odd thing which may (or may not) be a clue — Bluetooth pairing show's my phone's real named which is "Paige's S22" but the car's Android Auto settings list the phone as "No Name".

So, what should I do next?

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
It's a pretty widespread issue at this point. Mine has also stopped working. The Google support forums are loaded with people complaining about it no longer working. Hoping it's fixed soon!

dj_paige

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site

Thanks. But your link doesn't work.

After some searching, I found this: https://www.androidpolice.com/google-samsung-galaxy-s22-android-auto-fix/, which is an article from three days ago (8/18/2022) which states that Android Auto 7.7 should fix the problem. The Play Store has available for download 7.8.622514 (a later version), which is also what I have installed on my S22, and Android Auto still doesn't work.

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

dj_paige

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
That link indicates that uninstalling Samsung Smart Things might fix the problem. I have done the un-install, but haven't been in my car yet. Keeping my fingers crossed ...

dj_paige

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
So, having uninstalled Samsung Smart Things, I went out to the car, and ...

DRUMROLL PLEASE!!!!

Android Auto still doesn't work.

dj_paige

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone know how I can install an earlier version of Android Auto. The play store has 7.8.622514, which is what I have installed, I'd like to go back to something earlier and try that.

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Come on, be specific. What is the update? Give us the version number. Tell us where you go it from. (And who is rolling out an update? Is it an update for your phone, or for your car's Android Auto?)
Sorry, Google posted this on the AA board. I haven't received the update, but mine does work again.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue. The team has investigated this issue, and a fix is rolling out now. It may take a few days for the fix to reach everyone, so please let us know if you are still seeing this issue in a week. Thanks!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe