Android L on Samsung S5

jaylenbledsoe

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I recently picked up the Samsung S5, and am wondering after Google I/O, how long of a wait should we expect until we recieve the Android L OS? And will it be pure Android or will Samsung continue with their Skin?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I recently picked up the Samsung S5, and am wondering after Google I/O, how long of a wait should we expect until we recieve the Android L OS? And will it be pure Android or will Samsung continue with their Skin?

No real news about it.. We can really only guess on when and also the details. My guess is Samsung will eventually get it out.. But I doubt soon.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling it will be out after Samsung releases the Note 4 with it.

Downside to android updates. Waiting.

Pro S5

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
My guess about 90 days after android L comes out. Now the carriers, that's a different story.

Enough complaining about TouchWiz, if you don't like it don't use it.

Posted via Android Central App

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

First Samsung has to add their stuff to it... than your phone carrier will add more to it and then it will be pushed out. It definitely will not be pure Android.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Why is it called Android L? What happened to the long string of candy/confections?

"5 ouch wiz rums"? Do people not look at what they've typed? :confused:

blackguard

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand the touchwiz hate. Root your phone or domt buy Samsung if you don't like touch wiz.
For your question it's because it has the worst reputation of all the manufacturer forks of android for optimization, bloat, and aesthetic appearance. Only the old Motoblur which no longer exists had an equally bad rep. Not bashing, just explaining.

For your statement after that, I completely agree. Those who have an issue with it can replace it with a ROM or find another brand.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene