Android Only - Corded headphone w/ mic

Bakerboy2253

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I have read a few reviews (some good, some bad); does anyone have this or know anything about them?

Even comes with an app! The key is they are the S4A, the ?A? stands for andriod

Premium Speakers & Headphones | Klipsch

My concern is with Bluetooth?s lately. My headset is going bad. I have a Plantronics voyager pro. My 2nd one. They have been great over the years. But bluetooth technology seems to be lagging in my opinion. Some headsets work great with some phones, but not others. Kind of trial and error when purchasing them. So since I like music and back in the day of corded headsets, they were always clear calls, no echo, etc. I am looking into a corded headset again.

This will kill two birds with one stone (I wonder if anyone has really done that?!)

Just curios if anyone has any thoughts, no offence, besides my jawbone or whatever works great.

Most of the others, with mic?s are designed with iphone in mind so the controls don?t work on the cord. From what I have read, unless someone has a app or fix.

Thanks as always for all the help

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
They look interesting, but for that kind of money I'd expect them to be noise canceling. Anyway, I'll agree with you that bluetooth is a crap shoot - I've been through half-a-dozen various headsets with only spotty functionality of key features. Some have been great for listening to music, but you couldn't make a call to save your life; others would make calls really well but not answer reliably; the last group worked fine if you used the phone controls to do everything but were useless when using the buttons to initiate/end calls or skip tracks. I've pretty much given up on bluetooth - I can't afford to waste the time or money trying different ones any more, especially since the experience varies with different phones.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX-80 using Tapatalk

Bakerboy2253

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Just thought I would update this. I did go with the Klipsch S4A. I downloaded the Klipsch app from the market place and have all the bugs worked out. As for listening to music, they are the best headphones I have had so far.

The phone works very well too. No issues hearing calls or answering or people hearing me. In noisy environments (airports), I can use both ear pieces, when not so noisy I only use one. They fit tight enough in your ear to work somewhat like noise canceling, but not perfect in that area.

Of course I have 30 days to return if I change my mind, but as mentioned so far so good. Much better than the multitude of Bluetooth?s I looked at.

So for me this was a good pick. I killed two birds with one stone!

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I have a pair of Bose AE2i headphones for quality, and they are awesome (and the inline mic is a nice touch for answering calls while listening to music or just using as a headset).

I also, however, usually commute to work via Metro here in DC, and I'm certainly not carrying around those nice expensive headphones everyday on the train! I usually just use the old standard BlackBerry headphones for day-to-day use like that -- quality is certainly good enough for listening to music during my commute, and they're cheap enough that if I lose/break/wear them out, it's no big deal to replace them. Using them for calls works great too, never had a problem or complain when talking to people over them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jon jon