Android OS battery drain

rdogger

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I was running an AOKP nightly no battery drain or troubles. Decided to flash Franco's kernel, after a while noticed my battery was draining rather quickly, looked and android os was way out of control. Got the newest AOKP nightly and clean flashed, problem was still there. Flashed the newest franco nightly and still happening. The phone is not going into deep sleep. No change in use or apps. Any ideas or anyone else having this problem?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I would blame an app you have. I'm on the aokp 12/8 nightly and having no problems getting into deep sleep (screenshot shown).
Stock kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355175576296.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355175576296.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 41

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Running 12/8 nightly with stock kernel and not having any problems with the phone entering deep sleep. Try something like Better Battery Stats and see what's keeping your phone awake.

Sent from my Nexus 4

rdogger

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
That is what I thought as well. When I flashed last night I did not install any apps to see if that was the problem. Still not getting into deep sleep.

2012-12-10 15.41.25.png

rdogger

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Going to do another clean install, trying a different gapps package, had been using an older one that was working fine. Maybe something with it was running out of control? Only thing I can think of, will report back.

rdogger

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Any chance this could be a hardware issue? I flashed the stock image and the android os was still eating the battery. No apps installed, I am out of idea's haha.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Any chance this could be a hardware issue? I flashed the stock image and the android os was still eating the battery. No apps installed, I am out of idea's haha.

You're probably not giving the system and kernel time to settle nor the battery time to calibrate. After any flash you need to wait a few days or charge cycles before those stats will approach normalcy.

rdogger

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I agree I'm not letting it set but this drain is new to me so I am overreacting a bit haha. I downloaded Better Battery Stats, what should I look for after I give it a day or two? Never used it, always had good battery life with my Gnex and S3 and flashed the crap out of both of those.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
You're probably not giving the system and kernel time to settle nor the battery time to calibrate. After any flash you need to wait a few days or charge cycles before those stats will approach normalcy.

^This.

Sent from my Nexus 4

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I agree I'm not letting it set but this drain is new to me so I am overreacting a bit haha. I downloaded Better Battery Stats, what should I look for after I give it a day or two? Never used it, always had good battery life with my Gnex and S3 and flashed the crap out of both of those.

After appropriate time for settling and calibrating, charge it full and leave it overnight unplugged on wifi only. Typical drain should be between 1 and 2% per hour... If it's more than that, then you can worry about it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pumice stone