Android P Public Beta -- Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Gerard

May 19, 2018
Visit site
Make sure your photos are all stored in Google Photos to the cloud. Make backups in the settings of any apps that store their own backups, preferably to cloud storage or use a usb C flash drive and back up the app folders to that so you can restore any data. That is what I do once a week anyway.

I would also agree that no one can garantee that anyone trying BATA software will not lose date. That said I have had good luck so fare. Everything works for me for the most part. Just some bugs here and there, like the Portrate mode on the camera app not working, etc but the manor parts of the OS are working pretty stable, for me.
Battery life seems to be about the same between O and P. Also, I have not done any scientific tests. I am using the Pixel Buds. As with O the google Assistant does not work most of the time. With the Pixel Buds disconnected google Assistant work much better through my phone. I hope Google can fix this iss I love google Assistant.
I am currently listening to Google Play Music and running a 3rd Party EQ app. So fare this is working pretty well.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I too notice that Picture in Picture on youtube is not working. When I leave the app the video stops playing and there is no mini screen. Hope this is a temporary bug.

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Have any of you who've had proximity sensor issues prior to updating to P beta confirm the the sensor issue was resolved with the update?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm really surprised how good this first beta is, I have no freezing..no shut downs... battery life is great and all my apps are working. I've never experienced this on any beta I've been on this early on

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I concur, very smooth beta. Great battery life and very happy I tried it. Sticking with it, as I have no reason to revert back.

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
yeah I'm really happy with this beta build. very few issues here as well, just some really minor things. no need to go back to Oreo at all.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
How about the Samsung gear app? Anyone having issues with that? I want to try out the beta but want to make sure my Samsung Gear S2 will still work.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been using my Gear S2 with the beta and it's been fine. No noticeable issues as far as I can see, but I only use it for notifications and counting steps.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I've been using my Gear S2 with the beta and it's been fine. No noticeable issues as far as I can see, but I only use it for notifications and counting steps.
Well I opted in. This update is awesome. One question I have, is there anyway to put the clock in the status bar back on the right instead of the left?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Well I opted in. This update is awesome. One question I have, is there anyway to put the clock in the status bar back on the right instead of the left?
No, this is new to the "P" update and not changeable. The only option might be to use a different launcher and remove the status/notification bar altogether and turn it into a pull down bar with a swipe. Obviously not the same thing so just have to get used to it being on the left on the stock launcher.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
No, this is new to the "P" update and not changeable. The only option might be to use a different launcher and remove the status/notification bar altogether and turn it into a pull down bar with a swipe. Obviously not the same thing so just have to get used to it being on the left on the stock launcher.

I don't know of any launcher that changes the notification bar

Kingfroman

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
After my trial run I will reverting back to O. Android P runs very smooth for beta preview. Most of the apps transitioned well from the previous build. I did have problems with Android pay being inconsistent. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. The main issue was that my alarms were inconsistent as well. Sometimes they'd go off and sometimes only one went off. Sometimes neither went off and caused me to be late to work hahaha. So I'm going to have to revert back. Some of the new features are cool but I can wait for the finished product when it's ready. The new task switcher is cool but it's a little less one handed friendly than the previous version to open up split screen and slower to flick and close the apps.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
ok guys I found 1 issue once in awhile is my phone will not have service for like 3 minutes in certain areas which never happened before it go from lte to h+ to zero service for couple minutes then back to LTE...I knew I spoke to soon about being perfect beta lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86