Android Pie Update

Brooklynjay82

Apr 15, 2019
Visit site
Updated S8+ I hate this new update. The cons outweigh the pros... terrible move Samsung. The only good thing I noticed was that battery life is slightly extended and now i can use black keypad so it's a bit easier on the eyes. Besides that, now my SAMSUNG feels more.like a damn iPhone. My messages have a plain white background and looks super dull. I cant edit the look and feel of my text messages. The camera update SUCKS!! Does not feel like a Samsung camera anymore. All the settings and look was changed to resemble... yes that's right... IPHONE... wtf Samsung?? I hate apple and you guys keep leaning towards their crappy look and feel. The browser settings are all skewed as well. The top dropdown menu, looks like iPhone. Just about every change done in this update is cosmetic and it is a huge FAIL!!!! Samsung, love you guys but, for this new update... hold this L ... these updates should be OPTIONAL

Last edited:

tabs31

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Just updated on Verizon. All went smoothly, but now whenever I receive a SMS when the screen is off, the lockscreen comes on for 2 seconds. Didn't do that before and can't see how to change it. Any assistance would be appreciated. This is happening with both Textra and stock messenger.

gardengal4

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Waaaaah.... Just got Pie updated on my Verizon S8. I so so so so wish I could stop upgrades. I didn't want a new phone. I like everything exactly the way it was. My battery was great. Performance is great.

Fwiw, it's my own fault. I was happily on 7.0 just fine and I could defer upgrades indefinitely. I was told about a particular feature in 8.0 that I wanted so I upgraded. (1) the feature wasn't there (2) now I can't defer upgrades indefinitely ever again. waaaaaaahhhhhh

I'm going to search out possible fixes for disliked cosmetic changes, but I fear I won't find them. Wish me luck!
If it ain't broke, don't fix it is my motto. I realize most people want every new bell and whistle and "improvement" that comes down the road and I understand that. I just wish they respected those of us who feel differently and give us more opt-out choices.

Probably will not buy a Samsung again. My last phone was an LG and everyone complained about lack of upgrades. That sounds fine to me!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hengwin