Android System battery drain on my Note 5 when on stand by (Not fixed so far), how can I stop this?

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Android System battery drain in Note 5 when stand by (Not fixed so far)

I am in US. I ordered the phone from ebay. In fact, the seller directly told me this is a known problem without solution so far.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Well in the US you are going to be limited with help from Samsung USA on an international phone.

I'm not sure about Best Buy.. It might depend on who you get at Best Buy and they are likely to have to download the software of they will do it.

There are others with this version in the US that aren't having the drain like that. Also people outside the US with that version and not having those issues.

You can also download Samsung firmware from sammobile.com. The free download is slow, but you can download it and flash yourself. Best Buy would be the easier option of they will do it.

Personally, I only buy US variants because of the options available if there is a problem.

It won't hurt to go to Best Buy and ask if they can reflash it.

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site

Thanks Kelly, I will try to flash the firmware. I saw someone mention his problem solved by reflashing the system.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Thanks Kelly, I will try to flash the firmware. I saw someone mention his problem solved by reflashing the system.

Sometimes that can help.

BUT.. If it is a corrupted on your system from maybe an update, the OS has to be removed and installed fresh and only Samsung can do that, they can't do that at Best Buy.

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site

Unfortunately, reflashing the firmware didn't work. You are right. The problem is probably caused by the most recent OTA update from Samsung and many people suffers from the same problem now.
Check here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/note5/help/android-os-battery-drain-stay-awake-idle-t3236660/page4
The only solution so far is to root the phone and switch to a custom kernel. However, I don't want to do that. Hopefully next OTA update will fix it.

Tushar T

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I have just purchased a new Galaxy Note 5 Duos and even without inserting sim card or witout connecting to Wifi also the battery dropped by 30% in night. I have not installed anything yet, and the battery is draining like crazy. The battery usage shows Android System and Android OS as highest consumers. Did you find any solution to this problem so far? Should I return the phone or it is generic problem?

Thanks in advance

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
hello there, I am suffering with the exact same problem with the samsung galaxy NOTE 4 and have also tried some of those thing but they don't work for me aswell..... so pleas tell me if you come up with a solution I am hoping adroid 6.0 wil fix it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe