Angry birds Rio free at new Amazon App Store!!

deercreek

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
It's funny how I went from not being interested in another market to frantically trying to get the page at Amazon coming up just so I can get Angry Birds Rio for free. This free app a day thing sounds awesome, but I can't see it lasting long if they have to give developers 20% of the list price each time.

Fhiz

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
now what I want to know is if I pay for Angry Birds and Angry Birds seasons, will I get rid of the adds AND keep my current save game in it?

Seriously... those ads are far too intrusive to the actual game... of all the corners they could have put them in, they chose that one.

TekOne

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah.. required install AZ store app and remain login. Is anyway to get it works without AZ store app? My Optimus V is runing in low ram

taxtwit

May 28, 2010
Visit site
No Canadian AB love from AZ - after an hour setting up account/configuring/etc etc etc, get an error message "not yet available in your region" when I finally click download. Any workarounds? Any way to get the Angry Birds Rio APK outside of "normal channels"?

NexusBear

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Got my AB Rio, but having an issue with the app crashing - as soon as I start the first map it crashes back to homescreen - no force close notices or anything. Anyone else have the same issue, or know how to resolve?

roberto

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't install the Amazon app via a browser on my rooted Nook Color, so I downloaded it and installed with adb. Angry Birds downloaded, but I get a popup message:

Installation of download apks is not supported

I have no issues installing apps from the Android Market and have enabled non-market apps, as well.

Edit: Solved! http://forum.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=754380#post754072

Last edited:

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Won't install on my SD card

About a couple of months ago Angry Birds stopped installing on my SD card ... My solution was to unmount ... download ... install ... re-mount ... then move to SD card ... Now with Amazon ... Angry Birds RIO won't install at all if the SD isn't mounted ... Does anyone know of a work-a-round ... Unrooted EVO 4G

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was working well but after rebooting my phone for an unrelated reason Angry Birds Rio appeared to have been gumming up the works for Launcher Pro - it really slowed it down. I uninstalled the birds and all is well again. It might use some serious memory, either while running the game or just in the background. So if you start having problems, try uninstalling the birds.

spdrcr5

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It works just fine for me, the major issue I have is you cannot open Angry Birds Rio without first going into the Amazon Appstore and then you can open the app! Rio shows up as an application on my DX but I can't find an icon for it anywhere, then again the Amazon Appstore icon is only showing up as a Running App and not even as an app with the rest of my apps.

To me this is a major f'up on Amazon's part and a major turn off to me. I do no to need to be connected to Amazon constantly in order to run and use any apps. Stupid business model...

NexusBear

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Got my issues figured out. I uninstalled and reinstalled AB Rio, and once I opened the app from inside the app store, it now works normally and will run from the icon in my app drawer. Maybe this is how the DRM works...??? Just guessing. Anyway - back to Rio for me!!!

spdrcr5

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Got my issues figured out. I uninstalled and reinstalled AB Rio, and once I opened the app from inside the app store, it now works normally and will run from the icon in my app drawer. Maybe this is how the DRM works...??? Just guessing. Anyway - back to Rio for me!!!

I've tried that several times. I also don't have the Amazon Appstore icon in my app drawer, it is only appearing as a running app and not in the app drawer. I have uninstalled both the Appstore and ABRio and reinstalled... same issue.

Tried contacting Amazon but they are being inundated with issues so they can't keep up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahholbrook122