Annoyances

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I haven't had any major problems with my G4 like the dreaded Bootloop (knocking on wood), but have had more than a couple little ones. Two latest are:

1. Phone just ends call by itself. I heard the recognizable BOOP sound that I get when pressing the End button, and the call ends. I have tried to see if the screen has reactivated itself and I accidentally pressed End with my cheek, but don't think so, and remember it ending calls on speaker phone. I tested the proximity sensor to turn off the screen, and it seems to be working fine.

2. After using the phone for over a year, I decided to try using the keyboard Mic button to speak texts and notes. It worked surprisingly well, getting 99% of my words and punctuation correct. After it working great for around a month, it suddenly, works only 10% of the time. The screen pops up and it says Speak, and the blue button pulses like it hears me, but doesn't type any text, just stays blank, or has a HUGE lag, then types everything I just said. This is the same whether I'm using the stock LG keyboard of Swiftkey. The Google Voice Search feature on my home screen or within Chrome works just fine. Don't see any kind of recent software updates and tried clearing cache.

Anyone else having these issues?
Thanks!

BTW, I'm on Verizon in San Francisco.

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I am also on Verizon in Tx. I have owned phone since Aug, last year (SN 505)
Have not had those issues but other ones:
1. Capture+ does not take screen shots (just get a blank white page) - I think started with update to 6.0 (MM)
2. After last V. update - ring tones for texts are messed up - shows correct ringtone in contacts but plays stock generic ringtone; I have not been able to change; Now just use textra - everything ok.

Last month I had major problems (now partially resolved). We were camping in Colorado. Drove to a pass(had cell service) sent pictures to several people, last one showed "failed"; when I later checked had no cell service at the top of the same pass. Several days later went to a Verizon store, they fixed (some how HD voice was off, needs to be on after last V update per V person. I did not change, very seldom go to that setting section. Every thing worked as before until we got home. Now I have unusual battery drain (for me), most days I can live with it but some it really drains fast. I have done everything I know except a FDR. I have seen some improvement but still not like before. It also gets hot sometimes when really drains fast.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I am also on Verizon in Tx. I have owned phone since Aug, last year (SN 505)
Have not had those issues but other ones:
1. Capture+ does not take screen shots (just get a blank white page) - I think started with update to 6.0 (MM)
2. After last V. update - ring tones for texts are messed up - shows correct ringtone in contacts but plays stock generic ringtone; I have not been able to change; Now just use textra - everything ok.

Last month I had major problems (now partially resolved). We were camping in Colorado. Drove to a pass(had cell service) sent pictures to several people, last one showed "failed"; when I later checked had no cell service at the top of the same pass. Several days later went to a Verizon store, they fixed (some how HD voice was off, needs to be on after last V update per V person. I did not change, very seldom go to that setting section. Every thing worked as before until we got home. Now I have unusual battery drain (for me), most days I can live with it but some it really drains fast. I have done everything I know except a FDR. I have seen some improvement but still not like before. It also gets hot sometimes when really drains fast.

I have reduced battery life as well, and don't have that many apps on my phone, or SOT for very long (no streaming music or video). I used to get two and a half full days (I do turn it off every night), now a day and a half.

I had a problem with ring tones for phone calls from people in my address book, but seems to have fixed itself. I did find it was mysteriously resetting the ringtone, but using Edit Contact, I just kept restoring the custom ringtone, and it finally stuck. Still feels like my phone is somehow haunted ;).

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The only issue I've had pop up is the screen touch sensitivity is wonky. If I press and hold my finger in one spot on something like a web page, it'll start jumping around like I'm scrolling it erratically. This is my second one, but both have had that issue. The difference now is it's even affecting the knock on function. Went to bed the other night with a nearly full battery, and woke up the next morning to it completely dead and shut off. I looked at the Gsam history, and it shows the screen turned itself on and off all through the night. I've also noticed it on for no reason a few times during the day, but initially thought I accidentally hit the power button or knocked it on from my pocket. I turned the knock on feature off and haven't had an issue since.

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Just had my second "no cell service". This morning did my usual - solitaire and Sudoku. Then noticed that I had no cell signal; all settings under wireless networks were greyed out (could not do anything). Rebooted phone & now OK. This is now second time this has happened; if happens again will buy a new phone & keep G4 as spare.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Just had my second "no cell service". This morning did my usual - solitaire and Sudoku. Then noticed that I had no cell signal; all settings under wireless networks were greyed out (could not do anything). Rebooted phone & now OK. This is now second time this has happened; if happens again will buy a new phone & keep G4 as spare.

Have you tried resetting your network, or calling your carrier to see if the issue is on there end?

Don't know if we have the same issue. I haven't thought to check my signal when my phone suddenly hangs up, but I assume it's OK since I've been able to call the person right back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45