Annoying Notifications

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Any one else annoyed by the notifications that come up?

- I want to listen to music on my headphones, but I have to unlock the phone to choose "OK" on the volume warning.
- I turn my phone on and if I dont have Mobile data on, it reminds me. I know it is off.
- I will post pics of errors next time. and of more things that pop up.

also does any one know where I can edit to change which apps to use during headphones connection?

NashvilleKit

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
The continual notifications are unbelievably annoying. I have searched through general settings and through the settings for almost every app I have including some of the bloat and still I keep getting them. I would turn off ALL notifications (I actually do at night using the Blocking Mode) but then I wouldn't know when I got a Text and those I have to know about.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I have not had any of those notifications. Not sure where they would be turned off at either since mine did not have them.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
yga7y2aj.jpg

Another annoying pop up. Even though nothing had been updated our changed, I still get these sometimes.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I know the notifications you're taking about. I kinda just put them the back of my mind. But it would be nice there was a "don't ask next time" type of check box when these notifications come up.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3

NashvilleKit

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
OK, here's what I've done to eliminate the crazy annoying, continual and unidentified notification sounds. Someone on some forum said something about text messages having a unique notification sound, so ... You go to the Messages App, tap the phone's Menu button, tap the More tab and mine has "Select Ringtone" as second line item from the top. Tap that and select the sound you want when you get a Text Message and tap OK.
Then go to the General Settings app on the main Home Screen Menu, tap Sound, tap Default notification sound, and choose the 1st one, that is "Silent." Now, you'll hear what you chose in the Message app when you get a TEXT, but you won't hear any of the other zillion notifications.

Rixx3

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Try this: Settings>Accessibility>Notification reminder and turn it off. My phone was making the notification sound every five minutes until I did this, it's nice without it

italiansoxgirl25

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
That's an issue i'm having big time and can't stand. Has to be a fix somehow.an update maybe ? Also my magazine disappeared. aused to be i pulled from bottom up but now its gone. wondering if i should do a reboot. ugh

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
For as many people hate it there are probably just as many that appreciate not blowing their eardrums off. None of us but still

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582