annoying things about AT&T

Donglelife872

Mar 3, 2021
Visit site
I really need to do something about porting my old number over, so I can get rid of AT&T. I'm so sick of the "let's make sure it's really you" moronic confirmation when paying a bill. Stupid AT&T texts a number to the phone, and then one enters that. That's reason enough to cancel.

I won't miss AT&T at all; the signal was horrendous and this. Somehow, my previous payment didn't go through, probably because I got distracted by the moronic "let's make sure". No email or anything telling me it was late. Bye, AT&T!

Donglelife872

Mar 3, 2021
Visit site
re: annoying things about AT&T

Not sure how the 'amp' part got on my title.

I always seem to forget to do the AT&T bill in another type of browser, so the missed payment must have come when I either didn't switch to the other browser, or somehow didn't hit the final button.

It doesn't bug me on the other browser because I don't have it set up to dump cookies every time the browser's closed.

If only there could be a perfect medium of security; boost mobile with it's pathetic PIN or this with the ridiculous 'let's make sure it's really you'. "make sure' would be peachy keen on stuff like changing password, etc.

And the useless captchas in just about everything - make sure it's a bus, etc. The kicker was jury duty, something I really didn't want to do, having to do the stupid captchas to see the schedule. I was raging like the Captain in Dr. Who's the Pirate Planet.

I really need to decide what to do; to port over my number, or what. It's not worth paying two bills, one for a phone I rarely use. I do like that I've had less scam numbers on Boost.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I edited the "amp;" out of the title. The forum software does that automatically in some situations if an ampersand is used, not sure why.

Donglelife872

Mar 3, 2021
Visit site
Did the S5 have issues with lousy reception? I wonder if my perpetually terrible signal was AT&T or the Otterbox case on the phone? The otterbox doesn't affect the Note 20.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is your S5 an AT&T-branded one, or was it from a different carrier? Back then, a phone variant from one carrier would often have very different network band support than a variant from another carrier, with only some overlap. Without full band support, you could experience poor signal more often.

Donglelife872

Mar 3, 2021
Visit site
Yes, AT&T branded one. I LOATHED that stupid push message for AT&T's bloatware.

The S5 proved to be a pretty reliable phone, however. It's still alive until I figure out to do with the number.

I would have to go into developer mode and switch it to WCMDA only to get a decent signal.

My signal (unmodded) on the Note 20 Ultra is just fine.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Before Cingular bought them out, AT&T was a very good company, good prices, GREAT service, great signal. They deserved the moniker of being the Cadillac of carriers. But even though Cingular made this "Big Deal" about getting back to those roots, it never did happen. They're the only carrier we've ever used since cell phones became public, and they are getting nothing but worse as time goes on. Our home signal is becoming marginal at best..... I think it's time to start shopping for a new carrier.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
My impression of AT&T is that they are the least innovative and most restrictive of the carriers. Things like requiring you to have one of the most expensive plans to get any 5g signals. Even Verizon now offers more value to the customer, which I never thought I'd be saying.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
My impression of AT&T is that they are the least innovative and most restrictive of the carriers. Things like requiring you to have one of the most expensive plans to get any 5g signals. Even Verizon now offers more value to the customer, which I never thought I'd be saying.

I agree ;)

JREwing

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
We live in West Indiana and AT&T is the only carrier in our small community of 5000. In fact, our new tower is just about ready to be activated. Nobody, I mean nobody, has Verizon or T-Mobile anywhere around here. They have a monopoly here.
The new tower going up is strictly AT&T. You would think other carriers would want to put their stuff on that tower. But in small communities, I'm sure it would be hard for the other carriers to break even.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My impression of AT&T is that they are the least innovative and most restrictive of the carriers.

That was one of the reasons I left a few years ago. Also the time they suspended my second account line for reasons that were unknown to anyone working there .

The only way I knew was when I got a call on my main phone asking what is wrong with my other phone. Called AT&T asked why ? The person i talked to did not have an answer , but fixed it.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I really need to do something about porting my old number over, so I can get rid of AT&T. I'm so sick of the "let's make sure it's really you" moronic confirmation when paying a bill. Stupid AT&T texts a number to the phone, and then one enters that. That's reason enough to cancel.

I won't miss AT&T at all; the signal was horrendous and this. Somehow, my previous payment didn't go through, probably because I got distracted by the moronic "let's make sure". No email or anything telling me it was late. Bye, AT&T!
I left Verizon after 27 years went to AT&T for 3 years and ended up with TMobile and couldn't be happier. AT&T was the worse carrier I used they were liers to start and totally unoriginized!!