Disabling all AT&T based calls to device

whitie iii

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I've been getting so much spam calls on my BlackBerry Key2 with Android 8.1 and don't even use it for calling over AT&T... haven't even gave out it's number yet not even online... I'm on AT&T here in the usa and want to know if I can stop all calls from coming in.... I've tried do not disturb but that also blocks notifications and their sounds from playing making me miss some important notifications... I tried to setup call forwarding but I am not able to on my Key 2... I'm also not able to change my number because AT&T charges a big fee to do so and I've already done a one time free number change... att also can not disable calling because it's a required part of my plan... I also can not individually block each number because I never get a call from the same number twice ever... last I'm not able to cancel my plan and set up a new one under a different number because I will loose my $20 autopay discount making my bill $10 more per month... any suggestions for what I can do? I'm getting at least 5 calls a day sometimes more... I'm also thinking about setting up a tablet based plan for my device but I don't think AT&T will allow me to do that legally under their TOS... I use text now for my calls and texts so I'm covered there.... suggestions?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I'll have to download a blank ringtone as I don't have an option for no ringtone but haven't thought of that... that might solve it... won't get rid of the notification of someone calling but nothing else I can do...

Or just create a 1-second sound file of silence, store it in the "Ringtones" folder.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Did you toggle on Block unknown callers as shown?
d725ed232cddce5ec9e025099069eecd.jpg

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Some phones support the calls setting where you can block numbers not stored in your contacts list, it goes by various names.
My LG G4 had this option, but my LG V30 does not.

Not the same thing, but most phones probably support the option for blocking "private" numbers where there is no caller ID info sent.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jermz1084