Another new GB leak

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
No. If your stock all you need to do is download the .exe file. After its done downloading double click on the file and it will guide you through the setup process. There is no need to rename this file to pg051img. It utilizes HTC's software, all you need to do is plug your phone into your computer with the USB cable and follow the directions.

Thozgez - Does this help?

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Can someone please post a step by step on flashing this? I'm not rooted. I downloaded the .exe file then renamed it to PG05IMG.zip then placed it to the root of my SD card. Power and vol down. And this is where I got confused on what to do next. I know it sucks for the ones in the know to hold our hands through this everytime. But I really want this! Lol. Thank you all in advance..

The .exe version is an installer to be used on a PC. You download it to a pc and run it on Windows. You can find a .zip RUU over on XDA that you would rename as PG05IMG and flash in hboot.

thozgyz

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok so now that I already renamed it, can I just re-rename it and the double click then follow the instructions? Or would it be easier to just download the zip?

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok so now that I already renamed it, can I just re-rename it and the double click then follow the instructions? Or would it be easier to just download the zip?

You could try to rename it back to an .exe extension and then just run it. It will prompt you what to do. Did you verify the MD5 of the download?

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Can someone please post a step by step on flashing this? I'm not rooted. I downloaded the .exe file then renamed it to PG05IMG.zip then placed it to the root of my SD card. Power and vol down. And this is where I got confused on what to do next. I know it sucks for the ones in the know to hold our hands through this everytime. But I really want this! Lol. Thank you all in advance..

You do not rename this type of RUU. Just simply run the .exe file from your computer with your phone plugged into it. It walks you through the process.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
OK, first time updating this way. What mode do I need to put my phone in for this RUU to find my phone? It won't connect to it. Do I need HTC Sync installed first? I prefer the .zip bootloader method, it was easier for me.

Thanks!

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I downloaded that earlier but when I check the MD5 with Astro, it is blank...doesnt have the MD5 the OP posted in the link. Made me a little nervous to install it. So thats whY i was going to try the .exe.

Hmmm...that's where I got it and it checked ok. The only difference is I used the MD5 checker from CNET.