Another Nexus 5, or wait for Nexus 6?

Johnnyboy5

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I could use some advice. Yesterday i dropped my N5 for the second time in 5 months and the entire screen is now shattered (but the phone seems to work fine). I love the phone and the only other remotely possible Android phone I would consider is the Moto X. So i did some digging and to replace the screen will cost me just around CDN$225. That's a lot of $ for a phone that was $349 new. So do I just get another N5 or is the N6 close enough that I should scrounge by with my old Blackberry until it arrives? Would appreciate your thoughts on this decision. Thx.

p.s. I am "fix-it challenged", so cannot replace the screen myself. Not an option.

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
The Nexus 6 is coming out in August. I'd buy a new N5 and then sell it, when the N6 comes out. Just a recommendation, get a case. :)

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
the next Nexus (whatever it's going to be called) will be out in about 6 months, so it's up to you if you think you can get by with your old blackberry for that long. Personally I'd probably have a tough time with that - depending on how new your "old" blackberry is, and how attached you are to the Android OS.

Depending on what your money situation is (and what carrier you're on) you could get a MotoG (about $150), or see if your carrier has refurbished/repaired devices for sale to get you by until fall (at which point you could "flip" whatever phone on Kijiji). Another option (if you have a hardware upgrade available) is to get a new device on contract now, and sell it off in fall to fund your "new nexus".

If money is tight, run with your blackberry for now, save your pennies and wait for fall

Johnnyboy5

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Thx - good idea. BTW, i have a case, but it fell flat on the screen and there was already a small crack in the corner. The second drop did it in.

Johnnyboy5

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
the next Nexus (whatever it's going to be called) will be out in about 6 months, so it's up to you if you think you can get by with your old blackberry for that long. Personally I'd probably have a tough time with that - depending on how new your "old" blackberry is, and how attached you are to the Android OS.

Depending on what your money situation is (and what carrier you're on) you could get a MotoG (about $150), or see if your carrier has refurbished/repaired devices for sale to get you by until fall (at which point you could "flip" whatever phone on Kijiji). Another option (if you have a hardware upgrade available) is to get a new device on contract now, and sell it off in fall to fund your "new nexus".

If money is tight, run with your blackberry for now, save your pennies and wait for fall

I think I'll find the Moto G extremely slow after having the N5, so I don't think that will work. I thought maybe the N6 would be out sooner, so that's why I asked. Seems too long a wait so I'll bite the bullet and get a new N5. Thx for your suggestions.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klesun