Any confirmed nexus 5 OTA drops for lollipop?

Nextnexus

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Guys, If I sideload using the USB tools/unlocking, will I need to do something special to get back to a locked state? Will I recieve 5.0.1 or the next small OTA updates as I go?

longtime44

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I just want my OTA right now. I'm not trying to side load. Its aggravating just waiting for the the update. Its been 5 days. Wth

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I just want my OTA right now. I'm not trying to side load. Its aggravating just waiting for the the update. Its been 5 days. Wth

It always shows up when you least expect it. Last time my update showed up I was out drinking on a sat night and couldn't do it because my battery was around 20%. Have patience it'll come.

Posted via NSA Spy Van 37...... Free candy??

BMukherjee91

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Please search the two/three threads dedicated to this topic (i.e. Nexus 5 Lollipop upgrade) - this question was answered. You don't lose future OTA abilities with a sideload. The bigger question is - now that I have sideloaded -- would I ever bother about OTA again? :)

Like so many others, I got tired of waiting and sideloaded on Friday. There are two very helpful threads on the upgrade process - if you follow the steps meticulously, you will sideload in less than a half-hour and will go up and running within an hour.

These were the threads I had followed, and my heart-felt thanks to all contributors on these threads.

Android 5.0 Lollipop Nexus factory images are live — here's how to update! | Android Central

http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...-got-lollipop-heres-how-do-2.html#post4058030

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Nothing for me yet in Minneapolis. But the more I read about the bugs people are experiencing the less excited I am to update.

Posted via the Android Central App

zedz

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Nothing for me yet in Minneapolis. But the more I read about the bugs people are experiencing the less excited I am to update.

Haven't as yet noticed any bugs, just apps that don't work.

Been using lollipop for 2 weeks on my N9 and 5 days on my N5.

Posted via the Android Central App with Nexus 5 or 9.

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Haven't as yet noticed any bugs, just apps that don't work.

Been using lollipop for 2 weeks on my N9 and 5 days on my N5.

Posted via the Android Central App with Nexus 5 or 9.

That's good to hear. Thanks.

shahid99

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Just got it . 11:32 am California . T-Mobile network . but got the phone from google play store

Attachments

• 4195.jpg
    4195.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 30

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
What a bummer! I picked an iPhone 6 plus last week. That 128gb onboard storage spoke to me! Anyway, I still have my Nexus 5 and I wanted to play with it now that 5.0 has dropped. Maybe see if I want to switch back. But I forgot that for whatever reason, a sim card from an iPhone will not work in anything else unless you call the carrier to have it changed.

Such a stupid policy!

Lollipop seems nice so far. Very different from Kit Kat for sure...

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Just got the update notification. Downloading now. My 2012 nexus 7 received lollipop last night

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confteam