Any defects using Samsung Galaxy Note 9?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've been using the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (512gb, 8gb RAM) for about 2 and a half months. But I found some frustrating issues using the phone... Especially since I had the S9+ to compare the Note9. So I was wondering if you had any similar thoughts.
1. The finger print scanner needs a couple taps to get the phone unlocked
2. The rear camera has a weird pen scribbling that won't go away.
3. The person on the other end can't hear me sometimes.
4. The screen freezes from time to time. Touch sensors need a few taps to work.
5. The internet is slow, bad reception. I had two different note 9s side by side and mine was the one with bad reception.

I only had it a little over 2 months and formatted the phone at month #2 . But it started acting up again right after...

What are your issues...?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've been using the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (512gb, 8gb RAM) for about 2 and a half months. But I found some frustrating issues using the phone... Especially since I had the S9+ to compare the Note9. So I was wondering if you had any similar thoughts.
5. The internet is slow, bad reception. I had two different note 9s side by side and mine was the one with bad reception.

I only had it a little over 2 months and formatted the phone at month #2 . But it started acting up again right after...

What are your issues...?

Not having any those issues , but for the fingerprint not register first attempt I would try register the same finger twice see if that improves it.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
People need to come on and say, I'm having ba problem.
Not that the defects in the note 9.

Ask yourself.
Who set up your phone
What system did you come from.
Is a app causing the problem..
Have you gone to your carrier and asked this to them.

Think the carrier should help some people setup their phones.

Have you done a factory reset.
And downloaded the setup from cloud.
You make the majority of the people thinking there is a problem with the note 9

When there is not.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
You compared 2 Note 9s and YOURS had a problem. I think it's your device that has issues. I'm not having any problem WHATSOEVER with my Note 9.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

What are your issues...?
I'd be back having my carrier look at it on Warranty instead of posting here! With that much money at stake... just go get it replaced!

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I've had a couple of moments where my screen would freeze and I would go into my open apps and close it all which generally works. But it works fine mostly

Chromium 4

May 28, 2017
Visit site
See if you can convince them to give you an off the shelf unit as opposed to a doing a warranty claim because you may end up with a refurb with even more problems.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Had a Note 8 with various, irritating issues.. speakers, fingerprint sensor, constant moisture in port warning, erratic charging, etc. Had it replaced by. Verizon, turns out I simply had a bad unit. Replacement worked great.
Call your carrier.
And for what it's worth, my Note 9 has been problem free.
Good luck.