Any fix for lag on swiping away recent apps?

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey all. Ever since LP this lag/stutter/hitch when swiping away apps in the recents menu is driving me crazy!!! Has anyone come across a fix or patch for this? I've restarted and cleared cache but nothing has worked. I do not want to do a Factory Reset unless it's my last option. Any suggestions?

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Some have said that swiping away the Recent apps is not necessary, but like many since the Lollipop update, there is just something about wanting to do it. Literally hundreds of cards could build up and it just doesn't seem right. My wife's Verizon Galaxy S6 has a "Close all" button to close all the cards. We don't have that choice with our Turbos.

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't know that it's necessary but, like kmf1 said, a boatload of cards build up in there. I've let it go before and never noticed any hiccup any where else while going through my normal tasks. I use my phone a bunch during the course of the day for work and I use different apps depending on what is going on so I do get quite the build up. Was just curious if anyone had dug deeper in finding a fix. Some nexus 6 users have reported it as well, oh well.

Johnny Fever

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
That lag sounds annoying. It happend to a tablet I updated to 5.0 and was annoying. I thought it had to do with bigger cards etc...Im still on fence re update to 5.0

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
if u dont swipe them doesnt that utilize some ram or something?

Not really (or not in an important way). The OS manages the RAM nicely. It's ok to swipe away an app that is draining battery (because it's a crappy app). But RAM that is not being used doesn't help you at all. Linux manages RAM very differently from Windows.

Even apps that aren't running show in the list - it's just a list of your last used apps (and browser tabs) in the order you've used them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86