Any news on the Verizon/AT&T bootloader?

greezy602

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I know the bootloader has been locked due to the most recent OTA. Was wondering if there was any news at all (postive,negative) on these two carriers bootloaders!

Hit me up with some info, I've searched far and wide and can't seem to obtain any info. :-[

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I know the bootloader has been locked due to the most recent OTA. Was wondering if there was any news at all (postive,negative) on these two carriers bootloaders!

Hit me up with some info, I've searched far and wide and can't seem to obtain any info. :-[

No bootloader unlock but have you looked into Safestrap? It's a little recovery that allows you to flash custom roms without disturbing your stock rom. Needs root but that's no problem. Developer is Hashcode & details over on XDA.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4

greezy602

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have safestrap. Had hyperdrive and was loving every second of it. Its just that I have the 16gb internal version and when I had stock and hyperdrive my s4 said I had less than 500mbs left. I should of specified what I meant. I'm sorry, thank you for your quick reply and info! Do you or anyone know about the actual boot loader ever being unlocked? Are devs working on it? Is it a lost cause? I am no comolaning I'm just trying to get into the loop. :)

Posted via Android Central App

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I have safestrap. Had hyperdrive and was loving every second of it. Its just that I have the 16gb internal version and when I had stock and hyperdrive my s4 said I had less than 500mbs left. I should of specified what I meant. I'm sorry, thank you for your quick reply and info! Do you or anyone know about the actual boot loader ever being unlocked? Are devs working on it? Is it a lost cause? I am no comolaning I'm just trying to get into the loop. :)

I think hope is rapidly fading for an unlocked bootloader. I don't even see much hope for another loki type exploit.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4

greezy602

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I think hope is rapidly fading for an unlocked bootloader. I don't even see much hope for another loki type exploit.

I feel the same way. I really don't want to get rid of this though. Its such a shame. I see no info on it at all.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
And today VRUDMI1 has come out, which will probably squash the root exploit that ME7 uses...

I'm glad I'm still on MDK, but frankly the locked bootloader and custom recovery issues have left the ROM development on this device a bit lacking, IMO (That's not to say that there aren't any good ROMs, just that there aren't nearly as many options as I would have hoped).

I've already decided my next device will be a Nexus (though probably not until the next one), even if that means leaving Verizon.