Any one have any good things to say about this phone

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I hear a lot of bad things about this phone, I'm thinking about getting one.

from what ever phone I feel like using today.

Last edited by a moderator:

tawnyy

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Any one have any good thing to say about this phone

I love mine. The first battery it had was a dud, but had no problems switching it out for another battery at the AT&T store. Only problem I am having is that Google Play Music keeps turning itself on in the background, and I cannot figure out why...since I don't use it. Having Google Play Music on seems to contribute to the battery drain, so I just disabled it. Other than that, I am LOVING this phone, even though I am suffering through the learning curve of having been an iPhone user of iPhones 2-4. One thing I particularly like about the Samsung phones is the Swype text entry; although I am also having to learn how to do that, it is WAY more efficient and accurate than the torturous touch-screen thumb-typing on the iPhone. My primary complaints with the iPhone were that there was no user expandable memory, no user replaceable battery, and it is very sensitive to breakage and water. The Galaxy S4 Active addresses all those issues with the available micro SD card slot, the user replaceable battery, and the build to resist water, dust, and other damage.

beantownes

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

I too love this phone. I came from a skyrocket running cm 10.1 and have to say with the new jelly bean I don't see a need to go back yet. Battery has been decent and the performance is incredible. Only thing I am missing is tethering which I'm sure will be figured out soon. The body design is fantastic. Can't find any complaints yet.

Posted via Android Central App

Dubg

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I like this phone. I upgraded from the Samsung GALAXY S3. The upgrade to me was incremental from the S3. But there are some things I like better about this phone. I like this keyboard better. I like having the dedicated number row. I like the screen better on this phone especially when outside. I haven't tested the water proof aspect. But otherwise I have no real complaints.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

I love it. and I had the regular gs4. If your on att no reason not to choose this one

Posted via Android Central App

floridarick

May 13, 2011
Visit site

I hear a lot of bad things about this phone, I'm thinking about getting one.

WORKS AS ADVERTISED!!!!!! I got this phone shortly after release. Have had it in the pool 5 times since then. takes great under water video can not be happier!!!!!

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

Great! It's good to hear some good things about this phone.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I just got it today and so far its been a treat phone. Im not sure if I like it better than the one. Im not going to try out the water proof capabilities. Im to afraid itll get messed up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using AC Forums mobile app

MrNapa

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I just replaced my iPhone 4 with this phone and it's been a real WOW experience for me. I love it. I've had it now for a few days and the only bad things I can say is 1) the back cover is already scratched (not a big deal to me). In defense of the phone, I carry it in my front pants pocket with keys. And 2) the "auto" setting for brightness at times makes the screen really hard to see.

Jble90

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

I am in the EXACT same situation. In every way, including the google play music issue. I switched from an iphone after owning 3, 2 of which broke and 2 of which were ruined by water damage (I live on the coast and work around boats). But I love this phone. After not even having it a week I accidentally went into the ocean with it in my pocket and it was perfectly fine. You can do so much incredibly more with this phone than an iphone it is ridiculous. Don't forget the infra red blaster that allows you to control every tv and media device you own

themadprophet

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I went from a iPhone 4s to the Active. After four iPhones, it's a bit of an adjustment but I like it a lot. Android does like to keep settings all over the place, but just another adjustment. My first Active had both GPS and battery issues, but this second one seems rock solid. If we could just get a decent case!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Uselessbass

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Always remember most bad things u read are from the people that are having a issue most people that are happy won't post stuff about it until someone asks on a thread like this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86