Any way to clear new Lollipop "Recent Apps" quicker?

kitster

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So, I utilize closing apps with the recent apps button on the One M8 all the time.. or at least daily.
But, with the recent Lollipop update, there is no button for clearing all apps at once.. making the user have to swipe away all the apps one at a time.

Am I missing something, or has this functionality been removed for good?

thanks in advance,
Kit

mindshadow

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I was also wanting to know this. On my HTC one m8 since the recent lollipop update, there is no ... Button on the recent apps screen to change to grid view like most people seem to have and looks like I am stuck with the card view which is extremely annoying. Does anybody else have this? I have a UK unlocked version

Posted via the Android Central App

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I was also wanting to know this. On my HTC one m8 since the recent lollipop update, there is no ... Button on the recent apps screen to change to grid view like most people seem to have and looks like I am stuck with the card view which is extremely annoying. Does anybody else have this? I have a UK unlocked version

Three vertical dots on top right corner.

Sent from my HTC One M8

mindshadow

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I've seen the 3 dots on screenshots but for me there are no 3 dots in the top right hand side of the recent apps screen. I wonder how they have disappeared. Could be a bug.

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I've seen the 3 dots on screenshots but for me there are no 3 dots in the top right hand side of the recent apps screen. I wonder how they have disappeared. Could be a bug.

hmm, now that's weird, but if it is a bug, then you wouldn't be the only one having the issue.

Sent from my HTC One M8

AdamHunterATC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

Are you running the stock Verizon ROM or a custom ROM? I know some of the ROMs based on other models are lacking that menu button for whatever reason.

rl.dawg

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
After hitting the recent apps button, hit the "..." menu and settings. Switch it back to grid view.

It sucks that you have to switch back to grid view to get this functionality. My wife has the GS6 and it has a semi-transparent Close All button at the bottom of the screen in Card View. Of course that's only thing on that phone that beats my M8. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klystron