any way under the sun to unlock my bootloader??

minimack420

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello, this is one of my first posts on here, simply because of desperation. (been trying to figure this out for like 3 days straight) i have updated my nitro from 2.3.5 to 4.0.4. i have gotten root on the new ics version, but i can't seem to roll my phone back to gingerbread to unlock the bootloader. So i am stuck with the crappy ATT stockware until then. the worst part of this is that they lock me out of my apn settings, so i cant get data access until i use a custom rom. so basically, my phone is rendered useless until i can unlock the bootloader. I have tried using the entire unbrick method, with some errors. (flash those image files towards the end, and it just bricks it again) and i have also tried using ODIN, LGNPST tool,uptest_marwin.exe, and even lg flasher tools. you name it. they all crash or turn up errors. the only thing that can manipulate the software is the lg mobile update software, which only puts the latest ics rom on it, even after following the unbrick guide to a T. i wish there was a self-extracting 2.3.5 gingerbread software update. but i have scoured the net for it. In summary, i am looking for another way to unlock my bootloader for my nitro, since the unbrick guide is useless to me. (unbricked like 3 time just to have a boot security error afterwords) and i would hate to have spent $300 for a phone that's more useless than a cigarette lighter. :/ if i missed something, or if you have any suggestions for me please post back, - jess

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
You will get better battery life with ICS 4.0.4 trust me I was on GB 2.3.5 used the same lg mobile update software which was the only thing that saved my phone.
Bonus was that it did not have the AT&T CIQ (carrier iq) installed so that was awesome!
I thought it was going to install the same version I had but ICS is much better and the battery life is great.
Not to mention better setting options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadadmusa45