Anybody got a link comparing the size of the Pixel 3, and the 6 and 6Pro?

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am mulling whether it is time to consider a new phone. I've been pretty happy with the Pixel 3 for the two plus years I've had it. I also tend to like its size.

I was hoping someone might share some link that might show them next to one another and maybe overlaying some old fashioned graph paper! :)

Thanks in advance.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
https://www.phonearena.com/phones/s...xel-6,Google-Pixel-3/phones/11733,11732,10932
aecd25f4d858299648daaaef1cf44538.jpg
88b4b457b9598f7a00344cc56138e30b.jpg

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
THANKS VERY MUCH. While there is not much difference between the 6 and Pro, they are definitely larger than the 3.

I guess I'll try to get into a store and see them in person.
Hopefully you get a good impression...good

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
THANKS VERY MUCH. While there is not much difference between the 6 and Pro, they are definitely larger than the 3.

I guess I'll try to get into a store and see them in person.

Don't let the specs fool you... the 6 and 6 Pro are much narrower because of their different aspect ratio than our older 3's. I have a pixel 3XL, and it is the same height as the pixel 6 Pro, but it's much, much wider, which makes it feel way larger in the pocket than the 6 Pro would. And the regular 6 would feel even smaller. You definitely need to see them in person, I think you'll be surprised at how much smaller they are than you expect ;)

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Don't let the specs fool you... the 6 and 6 Pro are much narrower because of their different aspect ratio than our older 3's. I have a pixel 3XL, and it is the same height as the pixel 6 Pro, but it's much, much wider, which makes it feel way larger in the pocket than the 6 Pro would. And the regular 6 would feel even smaller. You definitely need to see them in person, I think you'll be surprised at how much smaller they are than you expect ;)

Did you not look at the dimensions listed above? The Pixel 3 is narrower. What gets me is the weight difference. 2+ ounces.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Did you not look at the dimensions listed above? The Pixel 3 is narrower. What gets me is the weight difference. 2+ ounces.

I compared my pixel 3XL in person with both the pixel 6 and 6 Pro.... both the 6's are narrower than my XL, because they have a narrower, taller aspect ratio. And because they have much less top and bottom bezels than my XL, the 6 is shorter, and the Pro is pretty much the same height. If you've owned a 3XL, or something with a similar aspect ratio and size to that, the pixel 6's are going to feel smaller in the hand and fit better in the pocket ;)

After hearing how big they were supposed to be, especially the Pro, I went in expecting to see monsters lol. That wasn't the case. Imo their size is overblown. But I am a tall guy with big hands, so that might make a slight difference ;) It does go to show you should always try and see a phone in person, everyone's idea of size and portability is going to be different.

Also the weight difference wasn't that noticable to me holding them.... but the Z Fold 3 on the other hand felt like quite the chunk :eek: lol

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just to wrap up this thread. I went to Best Buy and while the phones were non-working dummies, I compared them to my Pixel 3. I guess I decided that the size difference was not all that awful since I purchased the 6 Pro. I generally don't mind the size but I am having trouble getting it in a case, into my bike's handlebar bag.

rexxsor

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
Just to wrap up this thread. I went to Best Buy and while the phones were non-working dummies, I compared them to my Pixel 3. I guess I decided that the size difference was not all that awful since I purchased the 6 Pro. I generally don't mind the size but I am having trouble getting it in a case, into my bike's handlebar bag.

I've also gone for the Pixel 6 Pro. Finally released in Singapore.

Loving it so far. Size will take some getting used to, especially coming from the Pixel 3 which feels insanely light and compact everytime I hold it after using the 6pro.