Anyone Cancel Project Fi?

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
So i just recently cancelled project fi and went back to Verizon which i hoped to not have to do.

I had lots of signal issues. My home area supposedly has solid tmobile and sprint coverage. Band 12 for tmobile is online here and we are a former clearwire covered area. So on paper It looked as though things should be great but in reality it was just okay to spotty. There were plenty of times i'd have no data but have a full LTE signal. Call quality suffered and often times i'd have callers tell me that they kept getting a busy signal when calling me with no option to leave a voicemail. That's one thing i cant live with, calls not coming through. I need to be available basically 24/7 to my family.

I assume that if I lived in a more major metropolitan area i'd get better coverage but my experience in Las Vegas was that same as it was at home for me. Those of you lucky enough to have Fi work for you, that's great and i'm not knocking the service. It just didnt work out so well for me.

Band 12 is half baked with Fi thats why many have service issues. Call quality issues are due to the fact that Fi doesnt support any HD, Voice over LTE protocols. I personally had 4 service outages in past 2 month alone. People simply cant reach me due to constant network issues from busy signals, to Project Fi customer is not available msgs, to calls going straight to voicemail. Simply put the service has been total sh1t so far.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I cancelled the other day and switched back to Verizon when my 5X started bootlooping (my temporary replacement Galaxy S3 obviously won't work on Fi). I had been planning on switching back to Verizon anyway, though. The coverage was frankly just not up to snuff. Around town it was mostly OK, but good luck once you get away from urban areas. The biggest problem, however, was in our local courthouse. I'm an attorney and it's kind of important for me to have access to my phone and emails when I'm in court, but I got ZERO service with Fi in that building. You'd think I had walked into a lead-lined underground bunker. My employer reimburses me for my cell phone anyway, so my Fi experiment is officially over. Even if I was paying out of pocket, Verizon would probably be worth the extra $10-$20 per month.

wxboss

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I switched to Fi about 5 months ago after being a happy customer with MetroPCS for 6 years. While Tmo is strong down here (and I'm on Tmo all the time with Fi), I'm having too many call issues - specifically call quality (a lot of muffled calls and severe static at times). Between that and the data constraints since I'm not on wifi most of the time, I'm seriously thinking about going back to Metro.

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I switched to Fi about 5 months ago after being a happy customer with MetroPCS for 6 years. While Tmo is strong down here (and I'm on Tmo all the time with Fi), I'm having too many call issues - specifically call quality (a lot of muffled calls and severe static at times). Between that and the data constraints since I'm not on wifi most of the time, I'm seriously thinking about going back to Metro.

I have said this before in other threads. To me fi makes no sense to users that need much data while on cellular.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia