Anyone Dislike phone after update??

Knoidea513

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
When you do a screen capture it actually indicates that you done it successfully whereas before there was no way of knowing unless you went to the gallery..

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Shutter sound is mandated by the FCC now so people will know that a pic is being taken. Ya know, because those morons that take upskirt pics at walmart and etc.

MaoTzu

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
First time poster here.

I got the update yesterday, some how now I'm using Fracking Sprint ID which I HATE! hope that wasn't too strong. I like the Samsung interface much better, it's really one of the things I like about this phone over that piece of garbage Transform I used to use.

Is there a way to go back to stop using Sprint ID with out resetting phone back to factory specs?

Peace thanks

dollface

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
First time poster here.

I got the update yesterday, some how now I'm using Fracking Sprint ID which I HATE! hope that wasn't too strong. I like the Samsung interface much better, it's really one of the things I like about this phone over that piece of garbage Transform I used to use.

Is there a way to go back to stop using Sprint ID with out resetting phone back to factory specs?

Peace thanks

Can't you go into Sprint ID in the app drawer and sign out or choose to not use?

oversteer325

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
First time poster here.

Peace thanks

Click the SprintID app and select Samsung as your ID pack.

suprajjang

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I just now updated my phone after holding off for 3 days. I held off since I had no reception issues on eg30.
1) I do miss the "bounce" effect that we had before this upgrade.
2) I now have "sprint" displayed on the upper right hand corner when I wake my phone and the pattern lock screen appears.
3)I had great reception before and did not have any LOS and reception appears to be the same before and after the upgrade
4) Wifi/3G/4G speeds are mixed. I noticed that 3G speed increased but 4G and Wifi download speeds decreased significantly
Here are my speeds for EG30/EK02
3G: 835kbps down 47kbps up / 1409kbps down 421 kbps up
4G: 5408kbps down 1075 kbps up / 2221 kbps down 904 kbps up
WIFI: 18554kbps down 18027 kbps up / 15353kbps down 19231 kbps up
5) I like the new swype keyboard and how they moved the English to Spanish button as I would hit this button by accident many times when typing.
6) I have not used the phone enough since the update to report on battery life but I will update after a couple days of use. I just hope I dont have more battery usage as others have reported after the update.

Hope this helps!

oversteer325

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Not there Only clean

Go into Settings/Applications/Manage Apps > Click the "All" tab and find "TW Launcher" and "Launcher". Open each and select "clear defaults". When you hit the home button and try to open the App Launcher screen it should pop up a box asking which program you'd like to use to complete the action. Select TW Launcher and set the default and you should have TouchWiz back.

aquaholik

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
How can you guys be sure about your increased or decreased in 3g/4g speed. I have great signal at my house and if I move 3 feet, I get different download speed on 3g/4g. Also results vary day to day.

Nonja

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Everything seems to be working fine except that my battery seems to be draining faster. I've had my phone off the charger for 2h 21m and I'm already down to 70% (51% Display on 54m @ auto brightness; 29% Android OS CPU total 21m).

I've only had the update since this morning and installed a couple apps recently, so it's too soon for me to know who the culprit is.
Following up on my previous post: I'm definitely having battery issues after applying the update. My battery widget indicated that I had already used 70% of my battery when I took the screen caps which equates to about 8%/hr loss. The drain rate is also pretty linear as opposed to stepped which makes me think that something about the OS is draining my battery; OS usage of 57% pretty much confirms this.

My phone sits on my desk most of the day while at work, and I usually only use to check my Gmail when I see the notification light flashing. This kind of usage should result in a drain rate of 5%/hr or less...

So yeah...not cool. Any thoughts on how to remedy this?

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Following up on my previous post: I'm definitely having battery issues after applying the update. My battery widget indicated that I had already used 70% of my battery when I took the screen caps which equates to about 8%/hr loss. ...
Something has changed since you updated.

The basics are in the Getting Started section on Extend Your Battery - Speed Up Your Phone.

There are specific instructions for the Epic 4G Touch here including the power management settings: 30+ Hours Battery Life

Basically, you just turn everything off, remove widgets, etc. and see if you are losing less than 2% an hour. Then start turning things on until you find the problem.

You have some rouge app, widget, or setting doing this. Hunt and kill it.

Reactions: Nonja

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao