Anyone Else Skeptical About Rooting Droid?

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I disagree. I've tried overclocking up to 1Ghz, and had some minor instabilities from time to time. And the phone ran too hot for my comfort.

I think i might be slightly overclocked to 600. To me, overclocking is over-hyped and my droid flies already.

All droids aren't created equal. Some can handle over-clocking to 1GHz+, others can only handle the stock kernel. Some phones are unstable with low voltage kernels while others are perfectly fine. 800 MHz seems to be a good speed for me as it's stable and haven't noticed any negative side effect. There is definitely a noticeable difference in how my phone performs at stock speeds and overclocked

Last edited:

masterdeluxe247

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
All droids aren't created equal. Some can handle over-clocking to 1GHz+, others can only handle the stock kernel. Some phones are unstable with low voltage kernels while others are perfectly fine. 800 MHz seems to be a good speed for me as it's stable and haven't noticed any negative side effect. There is definitely a noticeable difference in how my phone performs at stock speeds and overclocked

Yeah I just wish my droid could handle those chevy ultra low voltage kernels.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Who dug this thread up?
The jump in post dates is pretty easy to spot.

I wonder, how do we brick the Droid completely?
Bricking is, by definition, complete. If it's not complete, it's not bricked. People misuse the term "brick" quite a bit everywhere.

All droids aren't created equal. Some can handle over-clocking to 1GHz+, others can only handle the stock kernel.
It's not just Droids. That applies to any chip that you attempt to overclock. Not all are equal.

Last edited: