Anyone feel the specs on this device could be improved?

c3PreO

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Fingerprint Free Screen too....

One of the nice thing that HTC built in to the Hero was the anti-fingerprint coating embedded into the screen itself (just like the iPhone).

Since then, I have NEVER seen any mention of this feature on any other HTC touchscreen device. Not even on the Nexus One, Legend, Supersonic....not even on Motorola or Samsung.

It works well on the Hero and iPhone. It should be STANDARD, yet no mention on any other HTC product.

I hope this feature is included in the Legend.

HTC....are you reading this???

alan7467

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Has it been confirmed that this is coming to Sprint, and if so would it even have the same design? It would seem that Sprint isn't a fan of chins (looks at the Hero redesign). So I'd be a little surprised if this phone came to Sprint as is.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure the phone will get improved for Sprint, just like the Hero. The battery is what concerns me the most. Engadget has a review up and the battery life was mediocre. I'd like to see how well the phone works on Sprint. It might be a nice replacement for my hero.

dakis#AC

Dec 25, 2008
Visit site
Just like the title asks, anyone feel that HTC should have bumped the specs up on this device? Namely the following:

600 MHz cpu
3.2 " screen
320 x 480 resolution

When I first saw the specs, I was somewhat underwhelmed. I ended up getting one anyway (had ordered a Desire but that one was pushed back and my old phone broke).

Now I have to say: nope - they shouldn't have bumped the specs. Despite its slower processor, the Legend is every bit as fast as my wife's Nexus One. And because the processor runs more slowly, the battery lasts longer. The screen's way better readable in the sun and the resolution is perfectly fine.

Apart from that: this thing is GORGEOUS. The uni-body design is simply fabulous. However, I have the feeling that the battery door will be a problem factor. While it looks great, it's somewhat flimsy to close. I have the feeling that, after a while, it'll stop closing right.

dakis

Last edited:

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
It seems to me as if the specs are at this point for a reason - they need an "entry level" smartphone.

I wouldn't say that it is an entry-level smartphone. The Hero is arguably the best smartphone for Sprint now and the only device on Sprint that may be better would be the EVO. I think that it will be a winner for Sprint.

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't say that it is an entry-level smartphone. The Hero is arguably the best smartphone for Sprint now and the only device on Sprint that may be better would be the EVO. I think that it will be a winner for Sprint.

I agree. I'm ready to move on from my Pre, and looked into both the Nexus One (but I need to add it to a family plan), and the EVO (which is just too big for me). I think the Legend will be great - my son has the Hero, and I'm pretty impressed with that.

jorgesalvador

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

First post over here, just wanted to contribute with my first hand two cents on this device, as I got mine couple of days ago (I live in Spain, got it with Vodafone).

I don't really feel like the processor speed is lacking, the software (OS and the bunch of apps and games I tested so far) feels very quick and responsive, as good as the iPod touch 3rd gen I have (which has very similar hardware to the iPhone 3GS).

The screen is a tiny bit smaller than the iPod touch, which is the device I compare this against mostly since it's my first smartphone, but I like how compact and small the phone is, the smaller screen is a bit of an issue with the virtual keyboard, as the keys are very narrow, but on the other hand the spelling correction is really good, it successfully corrects my mistakes like 90% of the time.

I don't feel it's an entry level phone, it is a very well designed and constructed device, the industrial design on this thing is top notch quality and the software is up to date (except one hugely annoying bug in the Android Market Issue 7591 - android - HTC Legend , Missing Apps on Market (free apps , not specifically about copy protected apps) - Project Hosting on Google Code ).

To answer 7droid-sigma I don't know about the anti-fingerprint coating, I guess it must have something because the screen is even cleaner than the iPod touch one, which definitely has the coating.

So far, I'm loving this device, and androidcentral as well heh :p

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

First post over here, just wanted to contribute with my first hand two cents on this device, as I got mine couple of days ago (I live in Spain, got it with Vodafone).

I don't really feel like the processor speed is lacking, the software (OS and the bunch of apps and games I tested so far) feels very quick and responsive, as good as the iPod touch 3rd gen I have (which has very similar hardware to the iPhone 3GS).

The screen is a tiny bit smaller than the iPod touch, which is the device I compare this against mostly since it's my first smartphone, but I like how compact and small the phone is, the smaller screen is a bit of an issue with the virtual keyboard, as the keys are very narrow, but on the other hand the spelling correction is really good, it successfully corrects my mistakes like 90% of the time.

I don't feel it's an entry level phone, it is a very well designed and constructed device, the industrial design on this thing is top notch quality and the software is up to date (except one hugely annoying bug in the Android Market Issue 7591 - android - HTC Legend , Missing Apps on Market (free apps , not specifically about copy protected apps) - Project Hosting on Google Code ).

To answer 7droid-sigma I don't know about the anti-fingerprint coating, I guess it must have something because the screen is even cleaner than the iPod touch one, which definitely has the coating.

So far, I'm loving this device, and androidcentral as well heh :p

I had an issue with the keyboard as well. I use the compact qwerty keyboard. It makes it a lot easier to type accurately and fast.

Legenduser

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I have the phone, and i must admit that htc has done a perfect job on it. The phone is totaly smooth. Only thing i would like to improve would be the processor design to cortex a-8 600mz so google earth would run on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201