Anyone getting on the JUMP plan coming out on the 14th?

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I chatted with t-mobile and as long as your phones not broken (cracked screen etc) they'll add insurance if you don't have it and get you on the plan. Getting a new phone every 6 months to a year seems pretty legit...

Thoughts or opinions?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
If I was able to upgrade every 6 months and not have to trade in my phone I may do it but depending on the phone I wouldn't want to have to trade it in. I'll pass :)

Plus I don't want to give up my grandfathered plan to the new plans and I really don't want to be paying more money monthly.... I'll upgrade when I want by paying full price or buying semi new phones from swappa :)
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm seriously thinking about jumping ship from VZW for jump and no contract. I'm just worried about the coverage.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

RichardRight

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
You surely still have to pay for the phone, right? I mean I can't trade a lesser phone for the galaxy s 4, right?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Plan states that if your paying for your phone monthly on their no contract plans you can trade it in for a new upgrade. Doesn't state u need a smart phone... You do still need to pay for the new phone at t-mobiles price.

The s4 would cost you 100 plus 20 per month. When the s5 comes out you'd pay the 100 (or whatever it costs) plus 20 a month and so on...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
If you have a flagship device why would you need to upgrade it in six months? A year would make sense, but the value of this plan becomes less the longer you are paying for it. It's like leasing a phone basically.

From the desk of Hiss Excellency.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
It's a genius idea really. How many people do you know actually BUY a BMW versus LEASE it? This is perfect for those that want the newest device every 6mo (or year which i would like). Just costs a down payment and an extra $30/mo (assuming the $20/mo device and $10 fee/insurance). And incorporating the fee with insurance is genius too because it's all profit for TMO lol.

IF i had TMO id jump on this plan quick. Plus there's NO CONTRACT!

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
This is a great plan for those who want to upgrade twice a year. But it is really a marketing tactic to bring people over from other carriers - people who are fed up with their carrier's upgrade policy. This plan still costs more than if one were to get a new phone every two years, but it's bearable enough that people who really, really want new phones will be enticed.

I, however, am committed to the Nexus line and my $30 plan. I don't think I am having any financial incentive to move anytime soon.

Last edited:

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
This is a great plan for those who want to upgrade twice a year. But it is really a marketing tactic to bring people over from other carriers - people who are fed up with their carrier's upgrade policy. This plan still costs more than if one were to get a new phone every two years, but it's bearable enough that people who really, really want new phones will be enticed.

I, however, am committed to the Nexus line and my $30 plan. I don't think I am having an financial incentive to move anytime soon.

This.
I now have LTE on my unlocked AT&T GNote. No way I need to upgrade plus I'm on the $30 ppd plan. I don't need the latest and greatest.

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Im gonna do it only because i already pay the 11.99 a month for insurance and it replaces that,plus i bought a s4 sold it bought a one and now on the 16th am buying a experia z still keeping the one though

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Seems like a good plan for people who want the newest phones. I'm going to have to pass.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That's why I choose the 70$ plan I use a lot of all 3.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

Lol switched over Melli? I can't blame you. I enjoy sprints network (for my area) but the jump thing is a pretty sweet idea.. Also Sprint is thinking of doing new plans and if they are forced it will just up my bill with no benefit.. So I'd probably have to switch to tmobile then.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

EnigmaticPsychotic

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

I, however, am committed to the Nexus line and my $30 plan. I don't think I am having an financial incentive to move anytime soon.

Yeah, I'm with you on this. Since switching from AT&T I've been really happy with T-Mobile. Coverage sucks at work, but it does for all carriers

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Lol switched over Melli? I can't blame you. I enjoy sprints network (for my area) but the jump thing is a pretty sweet idea.. Also Sprint is thinking of doing new plans and if they are forced it will just up my bill with no benefit.. So I'd probably have to switch to tmobile then.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

Lol. I didn't wanna switch but 70$ for unlimited is real sweet plus I test drived my friends T-Mobile note 2 and I was blown on how fast and reliable it is.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I personally cannot wait to get this. I will be starting it when the Moto x is released.
to put it easily. You are basically paying an extra 30 bucks a month from your base plan. and then just have to pay the down payment when the new phones are released. The only sad part is.... I have to give the phone back. Which means. I probably cannot root them like I always do

Tmobile
base plan $50
Add jump plus phone installments $30
x24 = $1920
Plus three phones (6 mo, 12 mo, 18 mo) $300
Total = $2220 for 3 new phones, no contract, and LTE in Two years

Verizon
Base Plan $100 x 24 = $2400
Buy one phone $200 w/ 2 year contract
Total = $2600 for 1 new phone on contract, and LTE in two years

Thats a no brainer for me

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Most of my lines are stuck in Contract till 2014/2015. I will probably switch to T-Mobile then if they still have this plan. I had an opportunity to switch about 6 months ago, but I choose to hold off. I am waiting for them to build out their network since they have gotten all that extra spectrum from ATT.