Anyone receive the new Moto 360 yet?

xikle

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Different sizes, 46mm and 42mm, the second gen also has lugs for the band attachment instead of connecting to the bottom of the watch body. The second gen also is using a Snapdragon processor instead of the TI OMAP processor.

izzy67

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Different sizes, 46mm and 42mm, the second gen also has lugs for the band attachment instead of connecting to the bottom of the watch body. The second gen also is using a Snapdragon processor instead of the TI OMAP processor.

I like the processor upgrade. Is their any change in the body?

xikle

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
External lugs for the band, otherwise, not that I know of aside from the button moving up to around the 2 o'clock position instead of the 3 o'clock position. I think the material is the same for the case and the glass covering the screen.

izzy67

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
External lugs for the band, otherwise, not that I know of aside from the button moving up to around the 2 o'clock position instead of the 3 o'clock position. I think the material is the same for the case and the glass covering the screen.

I'm waiting for them to make it thinner. I don't like the fact that it's so thick. Now I'm just sticking with my old and ugly G Watch.

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
i got the email too. i'm not happy, but they've delivered before their date for everything else so i'll cut them a little slack so long as i get it by friday.

delays beyond that and i'll probably cancel my order and wait for a sale or look at other options.

You can't cancel your order.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
if you get the 46mm, the gen2 also has a larger (400mah) battery

Indeed the 46mm 360.2 does. But it is just a thick as the 360.1. And just like person who you were responding to, I am not thrilled about having a new version that is still so thick. Personally, I would gladly have had the same size battery and been offered something 2 or 3mm thinner.

Will I get a 360.2? I don't know yet. If they had stone leather and a reduced price, I might jump. Otherwise, I am pretty happy with the 360.1.

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been lied to over and over by Motorola CS. What has happened to this company? 2 weeks ago I was told it was finished and waiting for courier. Then I get the delayed email. Then they tell me they have no idea when it will arrive, then they say it will be here tomorrow, and then again they have no clue where it is or what's happening, and now the latest they ship it out overnight, with a final email tonight saying they can't reach the warehouse and have no idea.

Dealing with the Motorola store has been the worst experience. Imagine if Apple was like this.

I tried emailing the CEO but can't find an email address that works. One email I sent took 25 minutes before it bounced back, so I think the email was just rejected by the person I sent it to, as all the others immediately bounced.

I don't care about getting the watch 'right now!', I just don't want to be lied to.

Update: Just now received an email saying the watch has been seriously delayed and is not expected to be delivered until Oct. 12th. I'm calling my bank and initiating a charge back.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
i can for sure return it if they take too long to get it to me. which is basically the same thing.

That's what you'll have to do. I'm thinking about returning it too now. As I said before, the delay is giving me plenty of time to look at the Huawei. I like them both, but the Huawei is available right now, so I've got some thinking to do.

I remember going through a similar situation when I ordered an HTC Evo 4G LTE. Order got delayed just as the Samsung Galaxy S3 was being released. All the great press on the S3, and no Evo in sight...the S3 started calling to me and my desire for a new shiny. I stayed with my Evo order, but by the time I got it, I was merciless in judging it. Ended up swapping it for the S3 and was happy for more than two years.

First World problem, I know, but still.... 😆

Posted via the Android Central App

xikle

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I got the same email but the estimated date was the 8th of October. Contemplating going and getting the Huawei watch and just returning the Moto when it comes in, or turning around and selling it unopened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I got the same email but the estimated date was the 8th of October. Contemplating going and getting the Huawei watch and just returning the Moto when it comes in, or turning around and selling it unopened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since Motorola decided to give me another couple of weeks to continue shopping, I ended up ordering the Huawei from Amazon. Be at my door in two days.

I like them both, and had settled on the 360, but if I like the Huawei enough, the 360's going back unopened as soon as FedEx delivers it.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i'm in the same mindset as many of you now. after chatting with moto and being given non answers as to when it might ship and then being told they couldn't cancel it since it was in the final phase (but no idea when it will ship, which is total BS no way it's even been assembled yet) and then getting the oct 12th date. i'm 100% returning the watch when it comes in. and then i got so pissed with their crappy CS i decided to return my moto x too.

we'll see how the nexus' turn out today or else i'll probably just get an iphone this year.

i liked my moto x, but it wasn't amazing enough to reward a company that has its affairs in poor order.

xikle

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Just logged into Moto's site and it shows as order complete now (9/28). Wonder if there will be movement in the next day or so for shipping, which would put it at getting delivered before the estimated date of 10/8.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Just logged into Moto's site and it shows as order complete now (9/28). Wonder if there will be movement in the next day or so for shipping, which would put it at getting delivered before the estimated date of 10/8.

still being built over here (ordered in the first hour on 9/2)

i'm pretty much done with moto this year. maybe next year they can get their crap together.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
still being built over here (ordered in the first hour on 9/2)

i'm pretty much done with moto this year. maybe next year they can get their crap together.

Same here. I ordered right away, and I'm still in "building" since the moment my credit card was approved (9/2).

legendarydog

Android Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I received mine yesterday (46mm, all black metal with gold bezel). I did not order mine right away. I probably waited a week or two after it was up for pre-order. it sucks to hear that they didn't fulfill orders in a first come, first serve basis. I can only imagine that certain configurations were probably more popular than the ones that were unique and customized. plus, you have best buy competing with supplies. maybe that might be an option for someone of you. best buy is supposed to carry these around Oct 7-8, according to the website. they have a lot of the popular configurations such as all silver metal, all black metal, all gold metal, silver with leather band, women's size, etc.. I might get an all silver one.

I regret getting the 46mm version because it's probably too big for my wrists. I got it because I wanted the larger battery. I know for a fact that I have smaller wrists than some reviewers with normal sized wrists and even they said the 46mm version was too big for them. considering the original Moto 360 is also 46mm, I'm embarrassed to say that I've been wearing a watch that was too big for me for one year. but at least it was a cool and luxurious watch. what sucks is that if I return my watch, then I will have to wait as long as you guys (or even longer) to get a 42mm version, because the black metal bands are out of stock. this thing looks so snazzy, I want to wear it already!

xikle

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Just got shipping notification for mine and that it will be here by 10/2, so only a few days after the original date of 9/29.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia