Anyone still not get the update

specops2k3

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering if anyone other than me is Still waiting for the update. I'm in Delaware and still getting the update screen pop up for a second and then go away. Anyone still getting the same thing?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Soycrema

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if anyone other than me is Still waiting for the update. I'm in Delaware and still getting the update screen pop up for a second and then go away. Anyone still getting the same thing?

Same here, no update and I've already tried the 1X trick but nothing....I'm in Massachusetts.....:(

weezing

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Calm down you'll get it eventually. I got it and I'm in Maryland which is not that far from you so you should get it very soon

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Same issue here, no "tricks" work for me. I'm in metro Atlanta and others in my area have received it.

However, I was glad not to have had it yesterday as I was still able to use free hotspot at a show.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem (the "looking for software updates" box just disappears after a couple seconds), and none of the "tricks" have helped me. I've tried multiple times over the course of the last two days. What sucks is, I saw a few people that live in the same city as me say they successfully got the update, in various topics about it, so I can't imagine it's a location thing...

What sucks even more is, when the MR1 update came out, I was able to get it just an hour or two after people around here were posting that it came out. Not only that, but prior to the update coming out on Friday, I had been pressing the "check new" button almost daily (as I wasn't keeping up on the news about the update very much, so I was just checking to see if anything came out), and it'd always just say that no new updates were found. Then Friday rolls around, and it doesn't do that, it doesn't give me a "Server unavailable" message, it just does nothing. :/

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I think it is.....maybe they are blocking it for us until the people have the MR2 issues have had enough time to get it.

comerbuck

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I had the check update box just disappearing also ... tried all tricks including Verizon/HTC support. Decided to reset to factory from the phone ... still no go on the update check, still just disappearing.

I ended up restoring my phone using this:

[Exclusive Download] Leaked 1.70.605.0 Update For The HTC Thunderbolt (No, It's Not Gingerbread)

All is happy and up to date now ... majority of things were restored when I signed in to my Google account. Update check works again also ...

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I think it is.....maybe they are blocking it for us until the people have the MR2 issues have had enough time to get it.

Eh, I downloaded the MR1 update when it first came out, and I'm having the "box goes away" problem for the MR2 update, so I doubt that necessarily has anything to do with it.

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I'll wait a few days and see if it will be pushed again. I got my phone within the first couple weeks of release. Running MR1 official OTA

rolo99

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I haven't actually updated my TB since I got it 3 mos ago, and glad I didn't because I never had the rebooting issue. I've looked, but it's not available in Denver either.

What's annoying is that when my phone is set to 4G, I'm on 1x. I'm smack-dab in the middle of a 4g area, having gotten 3-4 bars at home and at work. Still getting 3-4 bars, but of 1x or 3g if I use LTE on/off to set it to 3g. WTH?

jimoc77

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I am in NYC with the "box goes away" problem, I had a DRM notification a few days ago but it just disappeared when I clicked on it. I tried all tricks through Verizon & HTC. I'm very impaitent!

LessThanAnAndroidNovice

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm not waiting for the update as much as I'm waiting for the dust to settle. I got my phone about 3 weeks after introduction, and I have done nothing to it except install some apps. The only thing that doesn't work properly is GPS, but I can get that to lock in pretty close with GPSstatus, so I not in any hurry to upgrade. I'm not seeing any reason to upgrade until after the dust settles on the Gingerbread update.

What is the new OTA version #, and what does it fix? In About Phone/Software Information, my software # is 1.12.605.6, and Android version 2.2.1. If I do a Software Update/Check New, it finds an update that is not identified. If I reject it,, and then do Status, it says that I rejected version 1.70.605.0

I live between Baltimore and Washington, if that matters.

K_Daddy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Yeah. I'm in Jersey. One phone updated but other didnt. Verizon tech and HTC said "updates are being pushed out in waves and my phone will be updated eventually.