Anyone still think Friday is THE day?

judasmachine

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Anyone think that they are going to start rolling 2.x for Eris this Friday? I don't see it. They still have a long way to go until Q1 is up, and the lack of news is discouraging. So are you holding your breath?:eek:

judasmachine

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I thought there was rumor of updates on Dec. 11, and Jan. 22. Hold up, I'll find em, they're kind of old rumors.

This one is dated Dec. 7, 2009
http://www.phonemag.com/droid-andro...eed:+phonemag+(PHONE+Magazine+@+PhoneMag.com)

I am still looking for the one I read back then. I've had an Eris since release date, so I've been reading all of these things since then.

And for the record, I never bought it as happening this quickly.

Haha, this one is laughable, or depressing depending on how you look at it: Dated Dec. 4, 2009.
http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/UPD...ate-to-Android-2.0-or-2.1-article-a_8187.html

Last edited:

fiveonethird

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Jesus this is just as bad as the BlackBerry sites with the OMG OMG OMG when is the next update coming, my friends, uncle's, friend heard someone say next week when he was at the VZW store:rolleyes:

seriously....it will be out when it comes out these phones work just fine as is, yes of course a new update is always great but no need for new threads every week.

oyeyemi808

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
i dont think its foolish at all to be expecting an update on a htc phone that said it would.Most all other droid/htc/VZW devices are about to be updated to 2.0/2.1/2.xx,or whatever.so why should'nt eris owners want it also?

Last edited:

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
if it was happening this Friday, there would be a leak about it at least a day or two in advanced. It will come when it comes, we are only in the first 1/3 of Q1. Patience..

DjCalvin

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I just called my Company's business account rep @ verizon (they handle 20k employee phones here) and here is what she told me:

Yes.. We are getting android 2 on the eris.. she specificaly said 2.. not 2.0, not 2.1. I tried to get her to clarify and she said she was not able to comment on exact subversion.

Date:
I asked if there was ANY update coming out this month:
There is a Droid Update coming out within a few weeks.
I asked if this was the System update..
she said no..
I asked her to clarify on "Droid" (HTC or Motorola) and she said she was not able to comment.
(I'm thinking this is a patch fix for Motorola droid)

I asked her when the last possible date we could expect an update to "2" on the eris:
The last date of possible update is March 31st 2010

How would we be receiving the "2" update :
Your phone will inform you that there is a system update..
(So its confirmed OTA, that's good.. didn't want to have to bring in my phone and loose it for half a day)

All I could get out of our rep...
Dont count your chickens for friday.. its prob going to be in march.
(or whenever nexus launches.. my money is on that date)

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Nothing here either. HTC's support for this phone has been dismal. I have 8 tweets and 4 emails to find out what is going on and why everyone else is getting updates? No reply.

I had high hopes that today would be the day for 2.x but now I am really considering the palm pre plus. Downside is that phone will cost 600 bucks :(