Anyone with 4.3 Nexus 10?

anon(7820633)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Did the framework thing. The key is to force close, clear data and then shut down and restart. Then check for updates if you don't already see a message. Same for Galaxy Nexus. When done, remove Google account, reboot and add back in.

I noticed the stock cover still sleeps the Nexus 10, but now when you open it the device wakes up immediately.

Thanks did that got the update. Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
And I just did exactly the same thing twice more(force stop, clear data, reboot) and nothing.
It is only going to work if the update is already green lighted for your device, saving you a 1 day wait. Apparently mine isn't for some stupid reason.

Finally. Today I get home from work and the update is already downloaded and ready to apply. Took about 4 min to install. What an ordeal.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I still haven't gotten the update, is there something wrong with my nexus? Did the framework trick mess it up?
Edit: never mind, I tried force closing with the framework trick and I got the update.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
saw the update today it might have popped up yesterday or today.

lost my root after the update. so i did root again. took me 3 min to root.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps it is just placebo effect, but I could swear the N10 tablet is considerably faster with 4.3 than with 4.2. Flipping from screen to screen today and yesterday has been just incredibly instant, even when running a heavily animated 3D wallpaper (koi pond).

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
The spontaneous reboot/lockup problem hasn't gone away. Cool, I would have missed that.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm seeing some real dodginess with Firefox, regular and beta. Keyboard lag, characters not showing up though I've typed them in the search/address bar, blank white screens although it shows the page has finished loading, the previous page still showing even though the address bar shows a new page has supposedly loaded, lousy scrolling. This is after having done only one reboot since loading 4.3 OTA on Monday night. I did another reboot a couple of hours ago, but it hasn't really helped. Chrome seems to work fine, though. Guess Mozilla has some work to do.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Just in case anyone has the same or similar problem with Firefox, Mozilla tells me they're aware of the problem and that the fix is to use their "Nightly" super beta:

Firefox Nightly Builds

Don't have my N10 with me now to verify it, but it's apparently the fix.

Sinistar83

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been having issues with 4.3 with some notifications not working. Specifically I noticed since upgrading when I get a new Hangout message or Gmail I get notification on my Galaxy Nexus, but not on my N10.. But other notifications (like Google Voice) will show up on both N10 and Gnex.
Also some games are different as well on 4.3 - Not sure if any of you guys plays Piratron 4 Friends https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...edtoy.android.PirateStonesFree&token=iBagYbW8
but since upgrading to 4.3 the in game fonts are weird and also the notifications don't work anymore.

Air pirate

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I had heard that 4.3 would kill HBO Go, so I was waiting to install the OTA update. I finally gave in because I have also been suffering with frequent freezes and reboots and hoped that 4.3 might help. Sure enough, HBO Go is now dead. An innocent victim of 4.3. At least the work around for Amazon Prime is still functioning. Hope the reboots stop. Google, you can do better.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4