AOD Issues

lucidlyseen

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed my AOD seems to not do very well in knowing the difference in ambient lighting and mostly in situations where there is more light, it still stays at a very dim level making it really hard to see, I almost have to point it at the light to trigger it to get brighter.

Also a bit disappointed that when playing music from Google play music all we get is the little music icon and not the song title and artist, anybody know if this is in the works on an update or anything?

I have both the S8+ and the 2XL right now and I'm trying to make an objective decision on which to keep (not a fan boy - no loyalty either way), just doing a comparison and AOD was one of the features I was really looking forward to from the 2XL, but compared to the S8+ it is really bare bones and not very easy to see. Just didn't know if that was just me or if others are seeing this as well?

DoctorOctagon

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
I also have been annoyed with how dim the AOD often is, and can't find much rhyme or reason why it will sometimes get temporarily brighter. That is one thing that my Moto X phones were better at.

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I haven't noticed an issue with the AOD being too dim for me. And I wouldn't expect Google Play Music to have controls from the AOD. However, I've noticed when u wake the phone from AOD, there are controls for the song. I was pleasantly surprised about this coming from an HTC 10, I expected it to have controls like this, but it wasn't there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jon jon