APN Settings for Internet and MMS for Straight Talk for At&T Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket

Shawn Hardin

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
After what seemed like YEARS of talking to Straight Talk (with them arguing that my Samsung Galaxy Appeal isn't compatible with their system, EVEN though it's a no contract AT&T phone to WHICH I have a compatible sim card), I FINALLY was able to get it working through these settings, ONLY to have them shut it off for three wks. APPARENTLY I went over my UNLIMITED data, so got suspended. Put it their APN after my suspension was up and NOTHING. Came back here, and it STILL works! Thanks, my man!

BLUmeth86

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: APN Settings for Internet and MMS for Straight Talk Huawei Ascend W1

PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP!!!

After many days, I managed to setup my MMS APN using the wap.tracfone extension. This APN setup also allows browsing to be smoother. It does not take long as long as you follow these steps:

1. Access this website for the latest list off MMS APN and data codes:
Updated: How to Setup Straight Talk & NET10 Data and MMS on Android, iPhone & Windows Phone | Prepaid Phone News

2. From your phone's Homepage, go to Settings > Celluar > Data Connection. Set as off.

3. Scroll down to the two (2) buttons labeled "edit internet apn" and "edit mms apn."
-- If these buttons read "add internet apn" and "add mms apn," proceed to step 5.

4. Under each, select the Trash Can icon, deleting any existing internet apn or mms apn.

5. Back (<-) out of your Cellular settings and scroll down to network settings.
-- Under "Current Internet APN" drop-box you may have a default APN listed. This can not be deleted.

6. Proceed to tap the Add icon and setup a new Connection Name: "Straight Talk."

7. Use the "T-Mobile SIM" setup to complete the necessary APN, Username (re-enter APN) & Port, leaving the Authentication type as NONE.

8. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT - Under proxy server use 216.155.165.40 specified in annotation number 5 (beneath the chart).
-- I'd tried 66.209.11.33 over and over to no avail before using the above proxy and sequence of steps.

9. Save this setting, and under the Current Internet APN drop-box make sure the new "Straight Talk" APN is listed.
-- If you get a message that "The connection or sequence contains no elements." Press OK and disregard.

10. Back (<-) out to your Settings list and scroll back up to Cellular > Data Connection.

11. Under each the "add internet apn" and "add mms apn" setup the same information listed under "T-Mobile SIM."
But, FYI:
-- Under internet apn, enter the APN, Username (re-enter APN) proxy server (216.155.165.40) & port.
-- Under mms apn, enter the APN, Username (re-enter APN), MMSC (URL), and MMSC port.

12. Save your settings by pressing the disk icon after entering each the "add internet apn" and "add mms apn" information.

13. Once saved, remain under the "cellular settings" screen. Scroll back up to Data Connection and set as ON.

14. Return to the Homescreen, and power off your phone.

15. Once you've rebooted, ensure that your Data Connection is set as ON and test by:
-- Opening your web browser.
-- MMS yourself a picture or video.

FYI - To avoid having to download MMS messages, under Settings > applications (swipe left or right) > messaging. Set "Automatically download MMS" to ON.

stimmons68

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the post. Got my hubby a Samsung Rugby Smart, finally got it set up and phones switched,, except,, the messages wasnt working, used your post and it works now.. thanks again. i signed up to thank you..

Michael Burkenbine

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
o.k after days of playing with settings, getting some stuff to work but slow or no on others. Here is whats working for me now...key word now..LOL!
Samsung galaxy s2 captivate

Internet:
Name: Straight talk
APN: tfdata
Proxy: 216.155.165.40
Port:80
User Name: Not Set
Password: Not Set
Server: Not Set
MMSC:http://mms-tf.net
MMS Proxy:66.209.11.33
MMS Port:80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
apn type internet+mms

had the same settings for days the only thing i just changed was
Authentication Type:Authentication Type: PAP or CHAP
had it at Authentication Type: PAP
changed to Authentication Type: PAP or CHAP
my internet is now working
but had to download duckduckgo ap from play store
the phone browser still doesnt work...but with duckduckgo i got reasonably fast internet, my aps work and mms works
??????... this works for me. good luck
and att sim cards are hard to find had to pay $45 on ebay :mad::-\:confused::mad::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::confused:...LOL!
can you re-use sim cards? i've done it before, It worked fine.TRY to do it now....no dice.

Last edited:

Bad1

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I only have one APN setting and everything works fine. Had problems sending MMS but where eveyone says to leave out the // in MMSC I put them in mine is MMSC http://mmsc.cingular.com and everything works fine. Everything I read said to leave out the // but couldn't receive pictures just put them in and everything worked good. Just thought this might help because on my phone you can have only one APN active at a time. I use a Samsung Galaxy Captivate SHG-I897.

jozzy22

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the post. Got my hubby a Samsung Rugby Smart, finally got it set up and phones switched,, except,, the messages wasnt working, used your post and it works now.. thanks again. i signed up to thank you..
Can you share the exact settings on your Samsung Rugby Smart? Are you using ATT or TMobile SIM? I can use data and receive MMS using the settings here and the one's provided by ST but I am never able to download the picture on MMS messages

jozzy22

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Just an update on what finally worked for me. I am using a Samsung Rugby Smart (SCH-i847) that was originally purchased from AT&T. I purchased an AT&T SIM from Straight Talk on Aug 11, 2013 - presumably the newer SIMs that require you to use tfdata for the APN. I used the Straight Talk settings from apn.straighttalkbyop.com. Everything worked except being able to receive MMS messages. I then installed Handcent SMS (free app) on the phone and all MMS starting working properly!
I spent hours on forums and calls with Straight Talk and no settings worked (you may see some people using att.mvno for their APN but that apparently does not work for users with the newer SIMs). Finally, installing Handcent SMS worked!

Michael Amick

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: APN Settings for Internet and MMS for Straight Talk Huawei Ascend W1

Thanks for the link! I tried several of the other posts settings, the "pre paid news" link worked for me, I have internet and mms now, only took about 2 hours! Galaxy S4 Zoom with straighttalk.

Omg76

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't know who told you about Handscent SMS but I would like to tell you THANK YOU and GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!! It works. You save me maybe $200 I was thinking of buying a new phone cause nothing worked. Thanks Again:D

Rachel Kelly

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
So I dont have an android but a windows phone and am having the same issues with not being able to get picture messaging but i can get data any help there???

Tiff Brooks

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
So I dont have an android but a windows phone and am having the same issues with not being able to get picture messaging but i can get data any help there???

I'm having the same problem Rachel I have Lumia 820 on straight talks byop plan and the towers were down in my area and they finally got internet working but MMS is still not working idk if they changed the apn setting are what but before the towers went down everything was working just fine but now its not and I'm getting frustrated with straight talk they had me contact at&t saying it was them and they just routed me back to straight talk.. Ughh some body any body help

Last edited:

Sierra Randall

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
But how do I go about creating 2 different APN's .. this is getting confusing on my phone...

I had the problem going through forums trying to find the settings that work for my phone but to no success but I finally figured it out and I'm posting it on here just in case some one else has my same problem.

I had to create two separate APN's one for internet and one for MMS. Settings are as follows:

Internet:
Name: Straight Talk Internet
APN: att.mvno
Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
Port: 80
MMSC: Not Set
MMS Proxy: Not Set
MMS Port: Not Set
Authentication Type: PAP or CHAP
APN Type: Internet
APN Protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified

MMS
Name: Straight Talk MMS
Proxy: Not Set
Port: Not Set
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33
MMS Port: 80
Authentication Type: PAP or CHAP
APN Type: Internet+MMS
APN Protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified

Do not forget to create two separate APN's!!!!!

Good Luck!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:cool:

mdrotts

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I am using an At&t Samsung Skyrocket on Straight Talk, running Jellybean. Calls, internet, & mms are all working GREAT!

My APN settings are:

Name: straight talk
Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
Port: 80
Server: not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy: mms2.tracfone.com
MMS port: 80
MCC:310
Authentication type: none
APN type: not set

I hope this helps....

Elizabeth Ellis1

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a samsung galaxy 3 that I unlocked from Verizon to go to straight talk but I can only get Wi-Fi and it says my SIM card is not supported. I went to change my apn but there isn't anything there and it won't let me add or change anything. Anybody know what I need to do. Every thing works but the SIM card

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej