[APP] Active Notifications

ccrooks

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Can't get this to work without crashing... anyone else had any luck? Phone's not rooted, running Sense 5 with 4.1.2, using the app with all default settings...

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't have the one, but I was running sense five with 4.1.2 in my DNA and it ran flawlessly. Is there a certain action that keeps causing it to crash?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
It's probably the active notifications app. It's pretty new, some of the issues are still being sorted out. It isn't as stable on some phones yet. I know for mine it wasn't amazing. Drop a comment on the app to let the developer know the problem. They are working on making it better, but they can't fix things they don't know about

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

affierul

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm using it and had no issue at all. Did you allow everything that the apps required after installation?

You might want to check it.

Posted via Android Central App

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I still can't figure out the usefulness of this app as the stock lock screens do the same thing....

Actually, they don't lol. Active notifications displays symbols on the screen when a notification comes in, making the process of notifications less disturbing. If there is more than one, you can select the one you want and open it. It's a really cool thing, better than stock lock screens for sure. Obviously, you haven't used the app because it's anything but stock unless you have a device like the moto x

Last edited:

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
It is also a clone of the moto X notifications. It originally wasnt for anything below 4.3. But he's made some adjustments to work on lesser os but its not perfect on the lesser os.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Actually, they don't lol. Active notifications displays symbols on the screen when a notification comes in, making the process of notifications less disturbing. If there is more than one, you can select the one you want and open it. It's a really cool thing, better than stock lock screens for sure. Obviously, you haven't used the app because it's anything but stock unless you have a device like the moto x

I have used the app. Had it installed for a few days. It tells you I have messages, missed calls, etc. But like the other poster said, it only works for one, maybe two notifications then it's worthless. I understand the dev is working to get it right but until then....stock is it. Why? Cause stock tells me my missed calls and all my messages. Sure, it's a pain that when you unlock, it takes you only to your last notification such as a missed call...it's a pain...but at least I get them all....

ccrooks

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Updated the app, allowed everything, and the screen is still black

the LED flashes when i get an email, but the screen does nothing.

ccrooks

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yep, just reconfirmed. nothing happens when I get a text or email. Everything's set like normal and the checkbox to allow active (dynamic now, i guess) notifications in the accessibility settings menu is still on, so I'm at a total loss here.

garyf33

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Updated this morning, mine works sometimes and other times not. I disabled Handcent SMS since that already pops up when I get a text, but everything else is on.

anon4228685

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the playstore app on my Gs4 mini which has AMOLED and no notification light. I dig it!
early versions was rather bland/basic but the he dev has been working on it and updates have been coming through thick and fast. And he responds to emails.

I love the fact that i now no longer have to unlock from the lock screen, then check whats happening.

Paid the 0.99 euro for the full version and it works quite well in my opinion.

The breathing period can be set in the settings, so if you want it to breath for a minute, hour, 5 hours... its your call.

No gripes with the app thus far.

bluwjub

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I paid for the app and yes, it's still buggy. You can turning on the no lock screen setting for better results. Most of the time it works after I reboot the app or my phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell