[APP] Expense IQ - Manage your personal finance smartly and easily

handyapps

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Expense IQ is the long awaited successor to EasyMoney - the number one money manager app that combines an expense manager, a bill reminder, a checkbook register and a budget planner!

Available in Google Play for free: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.handyapps.expenseiq&token=hSIRETrc

Expense IQ ? Expense Manager provides a rich, detailed window into your personal finances and daily money management needs.

Track and manage daily expenses quickly & easily! Business expenses, personal expenses, travel expenses etc can all be managed rapidly using Expense IQ?s simple and intuitive user interface.
Interactive reports & graphs let you analyse income, expenses, cash flow and balance over various date ranges and accounts.

To more effectively manage your budgets, you need a budget planner that makes keeping track of your expenses fun and easy. The integrated budget manager within Expense IQ lets you set monthly budgets on specific accounts and/or categories and monitor them via color-coded budget health bars that warns you when you are about to exceed your budgets.

Also integrated is a bill reminder that helps you avoid nasty late fees by issuing you timely reminders to pay your bills. You can even take a picture of your bills or invoices to keep a digital record.

Extensive Features:
-Cloud synchronization via Dropbox to synchronize transaction data between multiple devices
-Split transactions supported for more detailed income & expense management
-Export captured data as QIF & CSV to desktop money managers (eg. Quicken) for expense reporting etc.
-Includes a Home Screen Widget for even faster expense management & tracking. Add transactions straight from the home page once you enable the widget - great for daily expense tracking!
-Receive notifications of upcoming and overdue bills - for both one-time payments as well as recurring bills
-Set monthly budgets on specific accounts and/or categories and monitor them via color-coded budget health bars
-Fully customizable income and expense categories for more accurate budget planning.
-Take photos of Bills & Receipts
-Integrated Checkbook Manager
-Track and manage expense and income for multiple accounts in multiple currencies
-Setup repeating transactions
-Support transfers between accounts
-Lock application using a 4-digit security pin
-Backup data onto SD card
-Daily automated backup creation

Download Expense IQ today!

This app is not just for money lovers! Whether you are looking for a better daily expense manager or trying to stay out of debt and be money wise, Expense IQ is definitely the ideal tool to stay on top of your finances.

Accounts Overview.pngBudgets.png
Report - Monthly Cash Flow.jpg Transaction list - add wheel.jpg

All rights reserved by Handy Apps.

Attachments

• Overview options.jpg
    Overview options.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 40

handyapps

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
As always, we appreciate all feedback and suggestions! Here are some updates over the week:

* Account starting balance now able to accept negative numbers
* Fixed Force close due to screen orientation on Add Transaction Page.
* Fixed Percentage value not showing properly on Income Vs Expense Card if the Income and Expense is zero.
* Fixed Pie Chart Slice not showing full chart when Decimal Places in involved.
* Fixed Exchange Rate Refresh button to get exchange rate from the DB.
* Fixed issues with account transfers for non-English locales

* Fixed Force close due to screen orientation on Add Transaction Page.
* Fixed Percentage value not showing properly on Income Vs Expense Card if the Income and Expense is zero.
* Fixed Pie Chart Slice not showing full chart when Decimal Places in involved.
* Fixed Exchange Rate Refresh button to get exchange rate from the DB.
* Fixed issues with account transfers for non-English locales

*Fix issues with account transfers for non-English locales
* Restrict Expense IQ to landscape in tablet mode
* Fix issues with updating Budget
* Fix issues with Expense Top 5 items showing multiples
* Fix issues with Calculator not showing in 2.3.7
* Change Upgrade Button to before About.
* Fix Multiple instance called on widget click.
* Added blueish corners to Quick Action indicating more items available

* Restrict Expense IQ to landscape in tablet mode
* Fix issues with updating Budget
* Fix issues with Expense Top 5 items showing multiples
* Fix issues with Calculator not showing in 2.3.7
* Change Upgrade Button to before about.
* Fix Multiple instance called on widget click.
* Make little changes to Quick Action to show Blueish corners to indicate more items.

Kristin Joan

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
One of my favorite parts of EasyMoney was the search feature. When balancing my checkbook I could search for just those items that were "Uncleared" so I knew what I still had to reconcile. I don't seem to see this feature on Expense IQ? Is there a search function hiding in there somewhere I'm not seeing?

I'm also not a fan of how you reconcile transactions, it's taking extra steps that don't seem necessary, this was more streamlined in EasyMoney.

I do like the new, easier ways to add items to the checkbook, that's nice & the layout is more graphic.

Thanks!
Kristin

handyapps

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi Kristin Joan, the search feature is available via the Magnifying Glass icon right next to + icon at the top while viewing the transactions. We have also replaced the side checkboxes in EM with a tap-and-hold action in EIQ after which you can then select multiple transactions and perform a single action in one go.

One of my favorite parts of EasyMoney was the search feature. When balancing my checkbook I could search for just those items that were "Uncleared" so I knew what I still had to reconcile. I don't seem to see this feature on Expense IQ? Is there a search function hiding in there somewhere I'm not seeing?

I'm also not a fan of how you reconcile transactions, it's taking extra steps that don't seem necessary, this was more streamlined in EasyMoney.

I do like the new, easier ways to add items to the checkbook, that's nice & the layout is more graphic.

Thanks!
Kristin

AshleyBhagwanani

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
yes I too would like an acknowledgement of this failed database creation and sync issue. what the heck is going on? already paying twice for the app with no discount for being a loyal customer for years!

handyapps

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the delay cron912 and AshkeyBhagwanani.

We have implement a new tool in version 1.0.5_24 to archive past transactions as the data is too large and has since exceeded the transfer limit.

To bypass the data limit for Cloud Sync, some of your data will need to be archived. Archived data are not synced but stored in a separate file. Here are the steps you can follow.

1. Using the device that contains your Expense IQ data, go to Database Tools and scroll to Data Archival.
2. Tap on ‘Create Archive File’.
3. Select a month and year from which data will be archived, tap on ‘Archive’.
4. Upon a successful archival, certain information will be displayed. Note the file name of the archived file and also the change in starting balance for all affected accounts.
5. Go to Cloud Sync and enable synchronization.
6. Go through the Dropbox sync setup process.
7a. If you do not have any prior data, your existing Expense IQ data will be auto synced upon account verification.
7b. If you have prior data, choose ‘Copy to Cloud’ to copy your existing Expense IQ to Dropbox.

If you still see the ‘Database Creation Failed’ message, you will need to archive more data before re-attempting the cloud synchronization.

Should you require more assistance, email us directly at support@handy-apps.com so that we can assist you better.

colornine

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
OK, I found the search feature but still haven't figured out how to clear an outstanding check. I miss the checkboxes but understand why you did away with them.

Can you give me step by step directions on how to clear transactions?

Thanks.

Mark

handyapps

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello Mark,

You can clear a single transaction by tapping on it, then scroll sideways on the menu till you see 'Set New Status'.
To clear multiple transactions, tap and hold on one till you see it highlighted in blue. Then select the other transactions and tap on the top right icon for more options to find 'Clear Transactions'.

Hope these are helpful!

OK, I found the search feature but still haven't figured out how to clear an outstanding check. I miss the checkboxes but understand why you did away with them.

Can you give me step by step directions on how to clear transactions?

Thanks.

Mark

Whitney Tieu

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi there!

Love the way the app is SO easy to use, great with organization, and cosmetically looks fantastic.
There is one problem that I am running into. After adding my accounts I wanted to import QIF files to add transactions to my budget. When I download them on my mobile phone (LG G3), I go into my Expense IQ app and click the "Import QIF" but am unable to select a file to import! :'(

Please help me fix this or find a solution because I JUST purchased the Gold version of this application and do not wish to regret my purchase.

Thank you.

Craig Krummeck

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello

Really loving the app; just bought the pro version! My one issue is with how to change the start of the budget month. It only seems to allow full months such as Aug, Sep, Oct, etc; but for many people who are paid on the 25th of the month, run their budgets from the 25th to the 24th of next month. For example; my September budget runs from the 25th Aug to the 24th Sep.
I have seen this in other apps; but can't seem to find it in Expense IQ. Am I missing something or is this something that could be added?

Paul Chin

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I also bought the Pro version. May I know is there a way to add more custom reports into the overview? I searched at the "Overview Customization" but unable to find any button to "add" more custom reports. Thanks.

2014-10-15 01.31.11.jpg

Stephen Tillman

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi there HandyApps. First, thank you for this app! I was a user of the predecessor and I think this incarnation has taken the app to a new level :)

I am, however, experiencing one problem. Ever since I upgraded my phone to the Droid Maxx, the app experiences severe delays after editing or creating a transaction, opening the transaction list, or reconciling/clearing transaction. Anything that causes a recalculation? Even hitting Save & New on the transaction causes a delay.

Is there a setting I can change? I tried turning off the Cloud Sync (something I don't like doing) hoping that it was a delay in the update upon changing, but the problem persists.

This was just a minor annoyance, but now it seems to have gotten worse and adds so much unnecessary time to balancing my checkbook.

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I really like the app and think I could make it work for me, but I had a question. Is there a way to re-order the budget items after you create them like you can the accounts accounts? And also, is there a way to filter so you only see the budget items from one account? Some of my bills get paid from one account and some from another, but sometimes I want to only see the budget items from one account. I appreciate any advice anyone has on that.

Pamela Curry

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Those of us who unlocked Easy Money have no discount for your very expensive unlock of this new app. Way to screw over existing customers. Granted I didn't use Easy money for a while because it never held a candle to the old Palm HandiMark Money app.

desesquivel

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I ugraded my expenseIQ app into gold, is there any chance/option that i could save the data i input to tis app in pdf format or whatever means for me to have a hard copy of the data i'd input. Please. Thank you.

ankitech

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Is there any option to close an account or hide it from accounts pane. I created a recurring deposit account but it has matured and i want it to be removed (hidden) from option, but don't want to delete the transactions. Is there any such option.

Thanks in advance.:-$