App to improve battery life

tabcourt

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
What's the best to install which will demonstrable improve battery life on my Fascinate? I'm stuck with this baby for almost the next 2 years. I hardly use the darn phone during the day and a full charge doesn't last past 4pm. Thanks.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
What's the best to install which will demonstrable improve battery life on my Fascinate? I'm stuck with this baby for almost the next 2 years. I hardly use the darn phone during the day and a full charge doesn't last past 4pm. Thanks.

Many have used Juice Defender available for free in the Market.

Japots

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just throwing this out there; I installed Darky's 9.2 custom rom with stock kernel + voodoo and with moderate-light use, my phone lasted a day and a half. I was pleasantly surprised since my average battery life was 12 hours or less.

I have to stress the moderate-light use though.

I agree with Juice Defender, although I don't have experience with it.

tripplec

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I would first recycle the battery as you're suppose to three times!!!
Power off unnecessary data connections. you should get two days minimum with moderate use. I do and have tried two different Galaxy S Smartphones. If not successful no app is going to create power if the battery is bad or dying.

adamklo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I would first recycle the battery as you're suppose to three times!!!
Power off unnecessary data connections. you should get two days minimum with moderate use. I do and have tried two different Galaxy S Smartphones. If not successful no app is going to create power if the battery is bad or dying.

What do you mean recycle the batter 3 times?

I've only had my VZW Fascinate 5 days. Unplug at 6am, moderate use (text/game/browse) for an hour about noon, then by 5 it's about 40-50%. The evenings demand much more texting and I'm still in the phase of playing with my phone constantly. Usually charge it about 10pm with at least 30% left.

That kind of batter life normal? I've seen really outstanding claims and really terrible claims. Just wondering where I stand.

Japots

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Recycle? Maybe deleting battery stats (via clockwork mod or sgs tools or other apps)

Bat Life sounds pretty normal for that amount of activity.

tripplec

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Run the battery down until it goes off (after the low battery warnings). Then fully charge it. Run it, that's use the phone for whatever to run battery down and dead yet again. Repeat until you've done this 3 times.

When you get a new device you're suppose to fully charge it first and not use it running down the battery. Then charge it. That NOT the way its done. The manuals always tell you to fully charge before use. I get about two days on mine but my battery is condition so I don't need to fully discharge it each time. Too much of that is not good either.

Last edited:

DerekCA

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Battery life has been great for me.

If you want to improve your battery life, get rid of your widgets and turn down the frequency that programs update. I can easily get a full day.

I am at 12h31m since unplugged and I have 51% remaining. I don't think the battery life could get any better.

tripplec

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Battery use Graph

You should check the battery use graph and see the statistics of where the battery consumption is used for.

Depending on the OS. SETTINGS -> ABOUT PHONE -> BATTERY USE

Some battery widgets also pull up the data and present it to you. I use Batter indicator by Darshan Computing which is much better than the graph in Android.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582