Apple COMPLETELY faked the image of Tab, it's an iPad 1!!

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Look very closely at the edges of the supposed Tab. Notice the thick silver borders? Those don't exist on the Tab even if squished to match iPad ratios. It's an iPad 1!! And notice it no longer says "Samsung" on it either. Check out the photos below to see.

apples-flawed-evidence-4e4a89a-intro.jpg

ipad-vs-ipad-2_3.png

Notice no silver borders on the original Tab 10.1. WOW. Apple just took the screen from a Tab and put it on an iPad 1!!

drethos

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
/sigh silly people. A simple trip to a tech store like best buy would have solved all this. Why is apple trying to patent a size and shape? Ok i can see if the law suit was about a product looking exactly like it. I mean ui, shape, size, smell, taste, and carrying weight. But the ipad looks nothing like the g-tab. The touchwiz kinda looks like ios if you just woke up with a hang over and grabbed it then maybe you can get confused.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Looking closer at the pictures, it does seem as if the silver bezel is a bit exaggerate from what I see looking at my Tab. So I did a little more digging. I took the iPad 1 image you provided and cropped it out, and overlayed it on top of the "altered" Tab image, and dropped the transparency a little. The border is pretty close in size, but I still wasn't convinced they took an iPad 1 and slapped a TW app drawer on it...

Took to the web, and every product render I found shows the same border...

lte-galaxy-tab.jpg

WiFi_Galaxy_Tab_10_h_front1.jpg

galaxy-tab-10.1.jpg

You also have to consider which color Tab you have. If you have the white version, the bezel is silver and more noticeable against the black. But if you have the dark grey version, the bezel is more of a gunmetal color, and isn't as noticeable compared to the silver.

All in all, I think everyone can agree the image was doctored, but I don't think to the extent of completely using a different device altogether :)

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
/sigh silly people. A simple trip to a tech store like best buy would have solved all this. Why is apple trying to patent a size and shape? Ok i can see if the law suit was about a product looking exactly like it. I mean ui, shape, size, smell, taste, and carrying weight. But the ipad looks nothing like the g-tab. The touchwiz kinda looks like ios if you just woke up with a hang over and grabbed it then maybe you can get confused.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

That is, of course, until the drunk person encountered a widget. :) THEN they would know it wasn't an iPad. Sorry, couldn't help myself. :)

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Looking closer at the pictures, it does seem as if the silver bezel is a bit exaggerate from what I see looking at my Tab. ...

Don't believe me? I took the photo you found and resized it to fit the iPad size. You can see it next to the "Tab" Apple created. You'll not the BIG difference in silver border thickness. I did not alter the image at all except to resize it and rotate it -90 degrees.

(You may have to click the image to see it full size)

attachment.php

THAT is an iPad 1.

(I used this image from your post: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gLCTc8id5...U2s0Qbs/s1600/WiFi_Galaxy_Tab_10_h_front1.jpg)

Last edited:

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
It just simply doesn't make sense. Why would Apple alter only one image, replacing the Tab with an iPad, and leave all the other images in the report undoctored? There were a lot of other images in the report besides this one. And it's also being reported the judge had actual devices to make their conclusions.

I am in noway defending Apple, or saying that something isn't going on here. It just doesn't make any sense for Apple to have altered one image in a report containing many

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
It just simply doesn't make sense. Why would Apple alter only one image, replacing the Tab with an iPad, and leave all the other images in the report undoctored? There were a lot of other images in the report besides this one. And it's also being reported the judge had actual devices to make their conclusions.

I am in noway defending Apple, or saying that something isn't going on here. It just doesn't make any sense for Apple to have altered one image in a report containing many

Who said it was "officially" Apple? It could very well have been someone at their law firm. Apple's still liable though. And it could also have been Apple, or rather, someone at Apple who perhaps meant the image to be something else (maybe to show that if you put Android on an iPad, it's basically the same?) but then got used in a different context without people realizing? Or of course, it could be on purpose.

But all that aside, how do you explain the extreme difference in silver border thickness AND the fact that the silver border matches an iPad 1?

attachment.php

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Todar86