Apple's 'Note' is right around the corner

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Apple to follows Samsung's lead in curved-display future, analysts say | Fox News

I came across this article and I have a brief question. I may be naive here but how in the world is it that Samsung is constantly blasted for 'copying' Apple (and has even been sued by Apple for copyright infringement) yet Apple is BLATANTLY ripping off Samsung.

This all started when Apple came out with their iPhone 'Plus', which was a ripoff of the Note and now they are looking at using curved screens, a la the Samsung Edge and just about any Samsung phone that has a curve (S7, Note 7, etc).

Can someone please explain to me how it is that Apple isn't being shamed for their copycat act yet Samsung constantly is by Apple and Apple Fan Boys?

Thoughts? Am I missing something here?

:D

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I never really understood fanboys either. I have no loyalty to anything. I just buy whatever meets my needs/wants at the best price.

If Apple wants to copy Samsung on the Note, they should go ahead.

When it comes out, if it's enough to make me switch ecosystems, I will. If it's not, I'll stick with my current ecosystem and phone.

When companies take each other's good ideas, the consumer wins.

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I never really understood fanboys either. I have no loyalty to anything. I just buy whatever meets my needs/wants at the best price.

When it comes out, if it's enough to make me switch ecosystems, I will. If it's not, I'll stick with my current ecosystem and phone.

Good way of looking at it.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

I agree with this. Let them all borrow from each other. Makes my choices more fun.

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

I think the issue that I have with this is that when Samsung 'copies' apple they are sued and beat down in the public eye. Yet when Apple rips off Samsung they are praised as being pioneers. I just don't care for the hypocrisy.

MsBlingberry

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
You are right. If Samsung did that people would be up in arms about Samsung being copy cats but it's Apple and all of a sudden it's "progress", "consumer benefits" " bla bla bla!

Hypocrisy at its highest order!

Posted via my awesome N4

chrisforpm

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Competition is king! They both borrow off of each other. Which is fine, it's how products get refined. No competition equals communism and we all know how that works. No innovation and subpar consumer products

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
A big iphone isnt a note ripoff, yeah apple made a bigger iphone because they saw the market for it and wanted in.

A "note" as you put it would not be a copy off samsung unless they actually add a stylus in the fashion samsung does.

Even then, like mentioned above, let em rip from each other, it. Doesnt hurt me, i am a consumer it only benefits me.. more choices.

Ill never buy an iphone, just because i dont want too, so take this unbiased opinion from a guy who hated and loathes setting up my friends iphones! ( luckily she finally converted and has an s7edge now) lol

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111