Applications I am growing impatient for:

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only person that is ready to see Poynt on the droid platform? I am coming off of a blackberry storm and about the ONLY thing that I miss from that phone is the app, poynt. Sure where is alright but poynt was always amazing and had all the CORRECT information. Hope I dont have to wait long.

Poynt is the only program that I miss from my BlackBerry. They say they are working on it, but no idea when we will see it. I'm using Where now, not as good.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Poynt is the only program that I miss from my BlackBerry. They say they are working on it, but no idea when we will see it. I'm using Where now, not as good.

While not the only one I miss, one of the better ones. I want Poynt, UberTwitter, and PodTrapper for Android.

With that in mind I have found very nice replacement for uberTwitter and PodTrapper.....Touiteur and DoggCatcher and bought both for less than I paid for PodTrapper on Blackberry...

Come on Poynt!

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Hmm... some of those apps from a couple months ago are now on Android. Ones I like that still remain:

Twitter for iPhone formerly Tweetie 2. All I need them to do is add the same features and the Twitter for Android app will be my one and only client.

BeeJiveIM. Was awesome on the BlackBerry and even better on the iPhone. I actually don't IM, but it would be nice to have if I ever start up again.

Chase Bank app. I bank a lot and always need to transfer funds on the fly.

gburns

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Good list, but I have to say coming from BB, while some of the games were great, and the graphics much better on the good ones, Android is catching up fast.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Diito, only thing is RIM bought Viigo, so I doubt it'll be available on any other platforms. RIM will find a way to ruin it anyway :(

I do wish they would develop a PC/Mac desktop manager for Android.

i agree a desktop manager all in one client would be nice but there really is no need since all your data contacts/email/calendar can be synced to your google account. and now with the online marketplace being able to send apps striaght to the phone for download is really easy.

Also try out appbrain for managing free apps and backing up apps. plus with chrome 2 phone

google has done a great job eliminating a need for a desktop client by using the cloud method it would still be nice to have a hard backup sometimes outside of just copying off the card.

plus i would love to see google setup a media service not just streaming but digital distribution like itunes for tv shows/movies/music i know there are streaming services and third party but there is something nice about using one account to manage everything like itunes does i hope google adapts something similar to make things easier.

shakabuti

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
SOTI is releasing Pocket Controller for Samsung Android tomorrow.

It lets you remote control into your Samsung phone/tablet, but also lets you copy data from your device, take screen shots, record video, run scripts, synchronize photographs/files and a lot more.

So in the end it is some sort of device manager.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk