Apps Consistently Freezing (Same ones all the time)

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok,

This is finally getting really old. Does anybody else have the following issue?

- The Internet app, the Play Store app and the Maps app ALWAYS freeze on a blank screen and end up force closing... Music occasionally does it too...

- They won't ever work again until I restart the phone, I can't even force close them in the apps system settings to fix the issue...

- I've cleared all caches, data and defaults; still, no fix.

This HAS to be a widespread issue.... Help?? :/

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok,

This is finally getting really old. Does anybody else have the following issue?

- The Internet app, the Play Store app and the Maps app ALWAYS freeze on a blank screen and end up force closing... Music occasionally does it too...

- They won't ever work again until I restart the phone, I can't even force close them in the apps system settings to fix the issue...

- I've cleared all caches, data and defaults; still, no fix.

This HAS to be a widespread issue.... Help?? :/

For the past 3 days the following apps have done as you've described: Internet, Gmail, Play Store, Google Earth, and Google Wallet (stays stuck on the Initializing phase). Only a Blank White screen and it does not respond to the back button being pressed. Once I hit the home button, I will see a notification later asking if I want to report or close the unresponsive app

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
What you need to do is reset the google wallet and not use it I did it and I have yet to have any mote problems and that was three days ago

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

charlesspivak1

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I think there is supposed to be an update OTA for our phone this coming week that has a new version of Google Wallet. Maybe wait until this happens (as I'm starting to agree that it might be GW that is causing the issues) before taking too drastic of measures. I have been seeing these problems as well, though maybe not as often but annoying nonetheless.

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
But it's not just Google Wallet....

It's the Internet app, the Google Search app, the Google Maps app, the GMail app and the Play Store App.

charlesspivak1

May 5, 2010
Visit site
But it's not just Google Wallet....

It's the Internet app, the Google Search app, the Google Maps app, the GMail app and the Play Store App.

What we meant was, Google Wallet, we think, may be the culprit that is causing those apps to misbehave. Still is just a theory, but seems to be a common one.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
No issues like that here. I use wallet pretty much every day. Hope you can straighting them issues out,, must be frustrating. That would drive me nuts. Good luck ;)

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

charlesspivak1

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Facebook is a totally separate issue and affects all Android phones, not just this one. That is FB alone, their developers being lazy douchebags and not fixing what needs to be fixed. But it has nothing to do with Google apps not working correctly.

Emmanuel11

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Facebook is a totally separate issue and affects all Android phones, not just this one. That is FB alone, their developers being lazy douchebags and not fixing what needs to be fixed. But it has nothing to do with Google apps not working correctly.

Oh ok I though I was the only experiencing that. I'm happy I can roll back the update cause other than that my phone is running smooth like new.

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes - another vote here for Google Wallet being the culprit.
I was having the exact problems you described. nothing fixed it. tried clearing the cache, reboots, wipe etc - no avail.

finally i just uninstalled google wallet (well - uninstalled the updates) and i have not had a single problem.

i have since reinstalled it because i got tired of seeing it in the update list, but i have not opened the program. no idea if they have fixed the problem or not, but i am so disgusted at the global problems it caused i don't think i'll be running it any time soon.

bottom line: google wallet is definitely the source of all of this BS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rezaking886