Apps not showing in "My Apps"

dmlowery41

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post, but it's somewhat related to rooting, etc, so I figured I'd start here. Feel free to move if necessary!

I bought a first gen Nexus 7 on Craigslist yesterday and plan on giving it to my mom for her birthday. The previous owner had CyanogenMod installed on it, but flashed the stock 4.3 image on it and did a factory reset before I picked it up. I've never rooted any of my devices, so I figured it'd be easier for him to do. When I got it home I realized the bootloader was still unlocked, so I managed to lock that (which, to my surprise, was really easy) and started setting up the tablet.

I installed a few apps and decided to go into the Play Store to see if any of the stock apps needed updates. When I tapped the My Apps icon the only apps that showed up were the ones I had just installed. None of the stock apps (Gmail, Currents, Hangouts, Maps, Calendar, etc) are showing up. I tried searching for a solution, but can't seem to find anything related to this specific problem. I did search for the apps that I knew were installed and some of them had updates and after I updated them they showed up in My Apps. Is there a way to get the remaining few to show up? My concern is that they'll never get updated (because a lot of the apps I searched for had updates, but those weren't automatically updated) unless she searches for them when an update comes out, which I know she won't do.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Dan

Groid

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Try going to Play on a pc and signing into your account. Click on APPS, then put the mouse on APPS and choose MY APPS underneath. Are the Google apps listed there? You can install and update apps on your device from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk