AR 4G LTE Markets

palmdroid1

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't find Blytheville actually listed anywhere in any announcement. I've had a chance to drive around the area and check out the coverage, and it's quite expansive. They've done a lot of work in the last few weeks, it seems. The coverage reaches west past Dell, AR on AR hwy 18, south down past Osceola, AR on I-55, north into the Missouri bootheel on 55, east to the Mississippi river. I get 4G in places where I could only get 1X before. And last week on the trip to Memphis, had 4G over half the way, usually didn't see any 4G until around Marion.

jms1984

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear that Russellville's finally getting LTE! Verizon installed new panels for LTE mid-2011. The holdup was the fiber provider (Windstream). Installing fiber was a huge project that took several months (December through April or thereabouts). There were crews out trenching all the time all over town. I'm inclined to believe that the holdup in other parts of Arkansas may be the same - looks like new 700 MHz panels have been installed all over the place.

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if some of the smaller southern towns such as Hampton.... Warren......etc will get it as well?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I noticed Camdens 4g is very spotty. El Dorado has a full connection the entire time I'm down there. When and if Hampton gets it Ill be a happy person.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
i am pretty sure i had it a pretty decent ways down highway 70 last night between benton and hot springs. hot springs is still 3g though

I just got back from my Western trip, and it appears that all of Benton has LTE. I went through Interstate 30, and LTE is dropped right around Exit 106. So, still no LTE love for Malvern, either. (sighs) Not really surprised, but still.

palmdroid1

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving the LTE here, the only thing wrong is the ping times...The lowest I've gotten was in the high 80's, usually 95-150 which seems really high for LTE. The latency hasn't really improved over 3G, as I usually averaged 85-100 on 3G.

I hope they get to you in Malvern really soon! It couldn't be too much longer since they're getting it all around you.

Reactions: One Radical Dude

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
They better get with it soon, because I may have to drop my service due to cost and and not having much money now (looking for work and looking to do freelancing for the time being).

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Oh I see, I wonder what tower we are getting LTE off of here in Hot Springs. If we have our own tower, I would think that Malvern would have LTE too.

Can you say what part of Hot Springs you're at (or what businesses you're closest to)? I know where some of Verizon's antennas go on the cell sites in the area.

redsoxboi21

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Can you say what part of Hot Springs you're at (or what businesses you're closest to)? I know where some of Verizon's antennas go on the cell sites in the area.

I am on the south side. Not really close to a business but I am like right next to Carpenter Dam. But I was getting great 4G connectivity all throughout town (Specifically he Verizon Store is on Central, which is by where I work ). At my house though the 4G is spotty, It will connect and disconnect from LTE.

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I am on the south side. Not really close to a business but I am like right next to Carpenter Dam. But I was getting great 4G connectivity all throughout town (Specifically he Verizon Store is on Central, which is by where I work ). At my house though the 4G is spotty, It will connect and disconnect from LTE.

The closest sites I know of that have VZW antennas could be one on Golf Links Rd, Malvern Rd./MLK Expressway, and one on Central Ave near Olive Garden.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582