Archos 101?

Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Well my archos 101 was waiting for me when I got home! I've only played with it for a few minutes and actually haven't got online with it yet because we can't get dsl at our house so we rely on pdanet and barnacle. I tried for about 20 minutes trying to connect through Barnacle and can't get it to pick up the ad-hoc network. So far here are my pro's and con's

Pros:
Very little bloatware and its very easy to uninstall what is there if you don't want it.
Very nice graphics.
Responsive touchscreen
Expandable memory. I actually got the 8gb with a 16gb memory card and case for around the same price as just the 16gb model.

Con's
Sideloading the Android Market (not hard, but it would've been nice to have it already there).
Glossy Screen. When your screen goes dark the fingerprints REALLY show up.

So even though I've had the tablet for a very short time I honestly don't see any reason why its not worth the price compared to the Xoom or the ipad.

Reactions: Corrosive

roblee37

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
My stepson got his back in jan.. and I didnt have to side load any market or anything.. it came already with a program that loaded the market automatically when I started the device. so far i have been able to download most apps that i have on my evo and streak 7.. i must say that the archos 101 is a very awesome device, and has come in handy especially with the usb host.. i would definitely recommend an archos 101.

RayJr

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Have been using the archos for over a month...really nice device.
Teathering to my droidX is a little hit and miss.

Sent from my A101IT using Tapatalk

coolbreezy

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
My stepson got his back in jan.. and I didnt have to side load any market or anything.. it came already with a program that loaded the market automatically when I started the device. so far i have been able to download most apps that i have on my evo and streak 7.. i must say that the archos 101 is a very awesome device, and has come in handy especially with the usb host.. i would definitely recommend an archos 101.

thats not the REAL market. that you have to install yourself

jiggaman

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have had mine since before Christmas and I have to say that it was well worth the $300. For what I use it for, web browsing, movies for kids, kindle app and games it works well. Archos has been really good about releasing software updates to work out bugs.

Holist#AC

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Have had my Archos 101 for a few months and I couldn't be happier. Even side by side with the Galaxy-t it held its own. Excellent value for the price.

urban ali

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
You can now buy it for ?150 from carphone warehouse - how will it compare to the new wave of android tabs that are coming out - like the lenova or the new amazon tablet?

2ndaccord

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I would not recommend the archos. The build quality is crap and it is slow as molasses. I use my archos for Netflix and browsing exclusively because it can't handle much more. Games are horrible and random reboots put a damper on things.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenw0419