Are headphones included with the HTC 10? [Varies by region]

anon(604250)

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm not that disappointed. Frankly, I hadn't given much consideration as to whether or not headphones would be included. I don't use my phone as a music player all that often, though all the talk of the 10's sound quality has me interested. I've got decent enough headphones to get me by for a while. The high resolution earphones can be a treat down the line if I'm good and eat all my veggies.

tl;dr - No headphones in the phone box? I ain't bovvered.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Whoah hold down there a minute. Certain things are included in certain market and I think we're trying to figure out what exactly who is getting what be it buying the unlocked version straight from htc or buying it from a carrier.

As far as the head ones are concerned these are the jbl noise cancelling ones.definatley not no 10 dollar Inc. Find me a pair of those for 10 dollars and I'll buy them.these are connected through the USB port.

The charger is another thing if I buy a phone I don't want to have to go out before I get the phone and get a charger. It boils down to cost cutting but for a phone that's going to cost me 900 dollars surely they can include at leat that.

I don't think he was talking about the JBL ones that are definitely going to be a separate purchase (they are not even available yet), he is talking about HTC branded ones (which are quite excellent and also worth more than $10 but not like the JBL ones will be).

paka22

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Am I wrong in thinking they are legally bound to provide the product as advertised when you pre-order? There is no asterisk here that says "only in certain regions".

anon(5316299)

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Am I wrong in thinking they are legally bound to provide the product as advertised when you pre-order? There is no asterisk here that says "only in certain regions".

Well...there is this disclaimer...

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 59785.jpg
    59785.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 80

paka22

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Oh, I see. You have to click on the "Learn More>>" link of the "Audio" section of the "Description" tab to see that though. I guess that makes it "legal", but it is certainly misleading.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Oh, I see. You have to click on the "Learn More>>" link of the "Audio" section of the "Description" tab to see that though. I guess that makes it "legal", but it is certainly misleading.
It's pretty awful to have it on the spec sheet when it's not offered. I'll bet that if someone ordered based on that and kept a screenshot, they'd get their headphones, even though it might require escalating the complaint beyond HTC. I had an ATT phone rep make a false promise and it required the FTC to straighten them out.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I want to give them a second chance, and the 10 might just do the trick, but they're not making it easy, particularly for the USA. No 64GB option, most likely no headphones, not offering all color choices. C'mon, HTC. I know you have to make deals with the carriers, and app sponsors et al. but you're not in a position any longer to be charging $699 for a phone....

This. I was an HTC fan up through the M7 (which performed very well for me) but the M8 was not a compelling upgrade so I ended up going to Moto. I was really excited up to release day, and I WANT to give them another shot, but I'm going to have to give up a few things I like (Moto Actions, monster battery life) to make the switch, and I, like many others that have some pretty compelling choices on the table, need to be enticed back. As good as it is, a $700 (or even $600 w/o extras) phone with no extras isn't tipping the scales very hard. C'mon, HTC... give me a better reason than just "a very good phone" to jump back on board. A $600 very good phone, packaged with those hi-rez headphones (to upsell the audio chops of this phone, kinda like you did with the Beats buds on my M7), along with a promise of fast updates, would tip the scales.

Posted via Turbo

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Totally agree. In my opinion, if you aren't buying the phone due to a charger or ear buds then you probably weren't going to buy it anyway.
The phone isn't available yet though. If there's no freebies then it absolutely makes sense for people to wait to see what other deals come along since they can't have the phone for another few weeks anyway.
Some feel that the coupon is the best deal so they're jumping on it now. I might even do that. Others want to wait and see. I've not pre ordered but that doesn't mean I'm not going to buy it and I'm not sure why anyone would say that. If you're not a deal hunter, that's all good, but don't be bothered by those of us who are? I find the art of the deal to be very fun.

I got my M8 for $20 w/contract on release day because I found a rebate loophole and then got att to release my contact after 6 months due to a screw up on their part. Almost a free $600 phone. So, I'm happy to wait for a deal to come along! :)

Last edited:

radioactive70

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
I just asked on chat support. I asked if the unlocked HTC 10 preorder will ship with headphones. He said yes, ships with headphones and charger!

Funny I talked to chat support today and the answer is no.the only thing included is the charger and cable

radioactive70

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
To be fair, your conversation with tech support and McDoogie's took place three days apart. A bit of dust has settled in the interim.
I used the wrong word I guess I shouldn't of used the word funny and used strange as funny it makes it sound like I'm calling him a liar ,my apologies.

radioactive70

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm still going to buy the phone no matter what as soon as htc fixes the promo code issue as I can't wait to see if any cdn carriers besides bell picks it up after their exclusivity runs out.I don't want to pay full retail so the 100 I save now will buy me a nice case which I'll need because up here in Canada were not covered by their uh-oh protection program 😡

Mdgolf775

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Well...there is this disclaimer...

Really? There is no asterisk or footnote of any kind listed in the specs under audio. If there were, then yes it would be my fault for not paying attention.

I can easily afford to by them, but If this is how HTC does business. It won't be getting mine. I'll be cancelling my pre-order.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
but If this is how HTC does business.
I'm definitely down on them for their mistake but let's not blow this up to sound as if they are intentionally duping customers. It was a mistake, smartphone manufacturers are certainly not immune to them. They released an apology for the twitter thing and hopefully they clarify on the website so all their ducks are in a row.

rickd88

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm a huge HTC fan but this has me ready to cancel my order as well.
I believe that I, as the customer, dictate success of companies with my cash.
They do things RIGHT, They get my MONEY.

They mislead you and change what you are given... They do NOT get my money!

I mean what reasonable recourse do we have as the consumer?

I sent my GS7 Edge back last month because of the locked bootloader. Now, this...

What phone do I get now??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord