Are you able to use bluetooth while in the car dock?

katrina2475

Apr 12, 2010
ksanchez.scentsy.us
When I have my X docked in the car dock with it paired and connected to my Plantronics Voyaged Pro, it wont let me answer the phone and talk through my headset. When I answer the phone the call is routed to the speakerphone even though the bluetooth button is lit. Im wondering if it is just my X or just my headset or is it common?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
When I have my X docked in the car dock with it paired and connected to my Plantronics Voyaged Pro, it wont let me answer the phone and talk through my headset. When I answer the phone the call is routed to the speakerphone even though the bluetooth button is lit. Im wondering if it is just my X or just my headset or is it common?

I am not sure about a bluetooth headset but I do know that my bluetooth hands free kit works fine, are you answering from phone or bluetooth?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I would think the same basic ability applies. I answered the phone using the headset.

There seem to be a difference, when I answer with handset the unit do not connect to hands free until i hit bluetooth button but if I answer with hands free it connects automatically to it.

katrina2475

Apr 12, 2010
ksanchez.scentsy.us
Mine will show that it is connected to Bluetooth but wont actually connect. Even when you press the bluetooth button it wont connect.

ksmitchell#AC

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have tested my Droid X as well as my wife's Droid X and both of our headsets work just fine in the car dock. So yeah I would check the headset and see if there is an issue there.

bgpasha

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site

I ran into a similar problem. Dx was paired to my cars bluetooth, and its like a crap shoot. sometimes i get the call through car speakers and sometimes its goes to DX speaker. I didnt care much for the car dock so i barely use it, but when its not docked never once i ran into that problem, so there might not be any problems with your head set.

katrina2475

Apr 12, 2010
ksanchez.scentsy.us
I ran into a similar problem. Dx was paired to my cars bluetooth, and its like a crap shoot. sometimes i get the call through car speakers and sometimes its goes to DX speaker. I didnt care much for the car dock so i barely use it, but when its not docked never once i ran into that problem, so there might not be any problems with your head set.
Same here. I never have a problem when I am just connected to a charger. I'm honestly considering selling my home and car docks.

bgpasha

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
yea the car dock is kinda worthless to me as i like to play with my fone while in traffic or at stop light. but i LOVE the home dock.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the dock and use it to connect to my visor bluetooth speaker/fm transmitter. Also I use it to connect to another cars built in bluetooth. Both connect fine but I had to pair with both of them to start being able to automatically connect from then on.

Things ive noticed is that my visor speaker has less control of my X than it did my crappy storm2. I was able to activate voice control from the visor mount as well as answer calls on my old BB but can only answer calls on the droid x.

Also on the built in BT I have to manually connect each time. (It may be a setting in the car) but the music player will not automatically start using the car touch screen. I have to start it on the X. (Using the double twist app on the X will fix this) but no song info on the car screen like the BB.

Seems like we get less info and less control from the X as far as BT goes. I hope this can be fixed with software.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfoot715